Greenie
Jul 31, 2013
Fort Mohave AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Had the same experience with the exact same wording and Gardenia warehouse He paid me and I shipped with sig confirmation. All went well until 2 or 3 weeks later when he emailed and wanted me to buy the item back at a lower price. Not sure what his gig is but he kept emailing me and I flat told him no can do. Never bothered me after that. Hes scamming somebody but I am not sure who.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I Had the same experience with the exact same wording and Gardenia warehouse He paid me and I shipped with sig confirmation. All went well until 2 or 3 weeks later when he emailed and wanted me to buy the item back at a lower price. Not sure what his gig is but he kept emailing me and I flat told him no can do. Never bothered me after that. Hes scamming somebody but I am not sure who.
Did you report him to eBay? Why didnt he just get a full refund from PayPal? Did he leave bad feedback?

This may be good news that he offered to accept a lower price for the return. This means that PayPal would not refund his money. His Chinese buyer probably shafted him and he was stuck with the product. Would I buy back at lower price if he ships? I think I would. I could sell to someone else.

I have his money. If PayPal refuses to refund and he doesnt leave me bad feedback, Im good to go. It doesnt sound like he is threatening with feedback which is against eBay rules. But it seems a lot of problems are coming to light with this guy.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can you receive bad feedback from a seller? Was it a long time ago?

Im curious did you refund or refuse to refund?

You can really only afford to get 1 bad every 100. No more. Can you remove old bad feedback after a year? I heard this somewhere.
I received it because I gave him negative feedback for sending me an item that was "less than" mint. If you say something is mint then it should be. It was a press photo that was received with a crease and a small rip, none of which was apparent in the photos. I explained it to him, he didn't want to hear it, so I left a neg., he retaliated by doing the same. Only feedback from the past year is immediately visible on someones feedback page. You would have to go back page by page and search manually to find any left before that. You only need a 98% feedback rating to be eligible for top rated seller discounts. That's 2 per 100 per year. There are other requirements too such as a 14 day return policy and shipping information uploaded within 1 business day of receiving the buyers payment. Also you only need to sell $1000 worth to become a power seller (applies to top rated seller status also). None of this means anything really, other than getting a 20% discount on final value fees every month. For me that adds up to $20-$50 a month depending on how much I sell each month dollar wise. I print all my labels through ebay so my tracking info is automatically uploaded and free. The P.O. is .4 miles from my house so thats not a problem either.

I agree, it appears most of the freight forwarders are legit and in bed with eBay so nothing can be done. But ebay removed my complaint from their forum I linked to and I wonder how many other complaints are removed and moderated..

The Stanley Plane I sold was nice. They just dont make them anymore of this quality. Another thought is that I dont like my American antiquities going to China or Korea.

We buy Chinese plastic junk and they buy our Industrial Revolution era quality made items. The cast iron/ steel/ brass Stanley plane with Rosewood handles I sold will last for many generations. The plastic crap we buy from China will last 10 years if we are lucky.
Ebay may remove certain threads on their site but they don't control the entire web. So if it were a big scam, there would still be a massive amount of threads in regards to it on other sites.

I agree, I don't like shipping my quality American made goods to some 3rd world communists either but what can you do? I noticed you have several feedback comments that praise your packing ability, so I don't think your gonna have a problem. Some (not all from what I've read) of the freight forwarders do open and inspect the items before sending it off. I know this from first hand experience with the Japanese company that I deal with. I did have to give a $3 refund once because one of the Fire King mugs I sent had a small fleabite in it that I missed. They sent me a photo of it and I gave them a partial refund on the one mug only, 30-40% of the value of a single mug, something like that. It was a lot of 8 or 10 I don't even remember to be honest. I listed them as no chips, cracks, fleabites or repairs, excellent condition, so it was only fair to give a partial refund. No other problems with any of the freight forwarders besides that.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This worries me. He is possibly selling to Korea. Thats how he makes a profit. I dont like it but its too late.
I am not worried that he is selling to Korea. Probably not.
A lot of koreans come to america and open businesses. Most Japanese restaurants out here are Korean owned. (so lower quality food supplies) When I want to go to a Japanese restaurant I call them and start the conversation in Korean. If I get an answer back in Japanese i know the food will be better.

I am sure Kim (his last name) deals only with Japanese because they have more money.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Only feedback from the past year is immediately visible on someones feedback page. You would have to go back page by page and search manually to find any left before that. You only need a 98% feedback rating to be eligible for top rated seller discounts. That's 2 per 100 per year.
Yes I remember your incident and sellers are no longer allowed to leave retaliation neg feedback or any neg feedback. He should have returned it. I state that I guarantee everything and I have not had a single return unless the PO broke it.

Yes you would have to search back to READ the feedback but Im pretty sure the negative feedback will be obvious in your rating. Im sorry but I hesitate to buy from anyone with feedback below normal body temperature. Its a shame but I think 98 would lose some bidders. Certainly 97.9 would scare away buyers. 2 bad feedbacks per year for myself is unacceptable when I guarantee everything I sell.. All my buyers are happy campers.

I dont think I can be a power seller because I only sell several months per year when Im out of work.

I just picked up a signed and dated Lundberg vase for $1 at Goodwill..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I am not worried that he is selling to Korea. Probably not.
A lot of koreans come to america and open businesses. Most Japanese restaurants out here are Korean owned. (so lower quality food supplies) When I want to go to a Japanese restaurant I call them and start the conversation in Korean. If I get an answer back in Japanese i know the food will be better.

I am sure Kim (his last name) deals only with Japanese because they have more money.
OK thanks. What about North Korea?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK thanks. What about North Korea?
North Koreans are so poor most do not even have computers. A lot do not have indoor plumbing or elec. If i got an order from a north korean I do not even think the US can ship there. It would only be upper class (read commies) that have money to spend on ebay. Most N Koreans have so little food that they grow up inches shorter than South Koreans and S Koreans are not known for being tall.

Mohave Sam

Greenie
Jul 31, 2013
Fort Mohave AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never heard from him again. He didn't leave negative feed back and I didn't report him to Ebay because he paid and got the product. I also ship through Ebay and have never really had any problems. Pretty much end of story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions