Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I sold a $61 item on eBay. The buyer kglpass7 from California sends me this email:

Hello.
I am really happy to purchase your item.
Unfortunately, I am currently having trouble with paypal.
As you know, we are purchasing hundreds items per a day.
I promise you that I will do my best to pay for this item within 4days.
I believe you will not make a second chance offer.
As you can see my feedback, I am really a faithful buyer. Please trust me.

If you teach me your paypal address for the payment,
It will be really helpful.

- kglpass7

"teach me your paypal address"? "Please trust me"? That sounds like a foreign scam if I ever heard one.. I opened an unpaid item account but they eventually paid within the 4 days. I dont know what to do. I reported to eBay that they requested my paypal address but I dont think eBay will contact me. Does anyone know the eBay phone number?

I researched this and it appears the buyer may be shipping to China and he makes a lot of claims that the items are damaged. I found this. It says he has a lot of complaints.U.S. Seller's beware.... - Page 5 - The eBay Community

BTW the seller has a 100 percent feedback rating with over 11,000 buys. http://myworld.ebay.com/kglpass7?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1181 But then again you cant leave bad feedback to a buyer.

What do I do? Should I say its broken? Do I have to ship?

Last edited:

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nigerian scam, it's called a chicky chicky scam, don't bother, walk away.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
After he finally paid, I presume with a new paypal account, he sent this:

Dear bigcypresshunter,
Dear Sir/Madam,
we are sending you this email as reminder for shippping information.we kindly ask you to refer to the our registered MAILING ADDRESS in PAYPAL for SHIPPING.It should be included 5-digit REFERENCE number (KGL#) on the receipt shortly after payment has been made. your cooperation will help me a lot to find the item easily and quickly at our warehouse.the mailing address looks like the EXAMPLE below:ACI Express, Inc. 14452 S.AVALON BLVD.KGL#Gardena, CA 90248-2006United StatesPlease do not get confused with Ebay registered one that does not have our reference number.Also, it is reminded to inform us of the tracking number, upon dispatching with carriers such as USPS, UPS, Fedex, or DHL. If the item is shipped without tracking number, please let us know by simply sending us an email.
Sincerely yours,
Intercommerce America, Inc.Warehouse: ACI Express, Inc.Company name : Intercommerce America, Inc.Contact number: (562) 304 2593- kglpass7

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nigerian scam, it's called a chicky chicky scam, don't bother, walk away.
How can I walk away? He won the auction and paid!!

ADDED: Im an eBay seller. Maybe you missed that part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Believe me Edward, I wish I didnt have to bother. Please explain to me how I can walk away with a 100% positive feedback rating?

I dont want to mail the item only to have a buyer in China demand a full refund plus shipping 2-3 weeks later. But I dont want to ruin my feedback rating either. Bad feedback can ruin a seller.

Last edited:

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I've given you my to cents worth. I work in IT security and I think I know all the scams out there, I hope. If the guy in China/Nigeria is playing games with you, you're going to lose. As far as feedback goes, 100% ratings can be bought--> Everything You Need To Know About eBay Feedback

Use your noggin, if it seems fishy enough that you need to ask someone, it probably is a scam. Be safe, Edward

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I asked him what his problem with Paypal was but he/she didnt respond. My guess its too many refund requests.

I dont want to sell to China. This is not fair to force me to sell to this company thats most likely shipping on to China.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well, I've given you my to cents worth. I work in IT security and I think I know all the scams out there, I hope. If the guy in China/Nigeria is playing games with you, you're going to lose. As far as feedback goes, 100% ratings can be bought--> Everything You Need To Know About eBay Feedback

Use your noggin, if it seems fishy enough that you need to ask someone, it probably is a scam. Be safe, Edward
Are you suggesting I pay him? Thanks for the link, but theres not much I can do but ship.

The buyer is not just playing games. This is a very well thought out export business and he has been getting away with it for years because he knows there is not much a seller can do. And eBay is allowing it to continue.

Give me a solution . Your "2 cents" that I will lose is not helping sorry. Your advice that feedback can be bought without an explanation is not helping either. I need someone familiar with eBay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
From your link Edward:
Unfortunately, if you are a low volume seller, a single negative feedback can ruin your feedback percentage for the entire year.

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh, I'm trying to help, call your dogs off dude. Here is the eBay customer hotline number, 1 (866) 540-3229 (Consumer)
eBay, Customer service, call them and get to the bottom of it. Over and out, Edward

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
There is one thing in the link that may help.
Feedback Extortion - threatens to leave negative feedback unless you give them something

I can refuse to ship and hope he threatens me and then the negative feedback will be removed.

I would like to hear other solutions but from experienced eBay sellers only please. Ive been up all night. Ill check back tommorrow. This suks when 1 bad buyer can cause this much aggravation and waste all this time.

I may have to ship and be prepared to lose $61. Negative feedback can ruin a small seller like myself and I think trying to buy positive feedback from this buyer is a very bad idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sheesh, I'm trying to help, call your dogs off dude. Here is the eBay customer hotline number, 1 (866) 540-3229 (Consumer)
eBay, Customer service, call them and get to the bottom of it. Over and out, Edward
Thanks for the number. Thanks for the help Edward but it sounds as if you are not familiar with eBay.

ADDED: There is actually some good stuff about scams in the link you sent but Im still not certain its a scam. Im still reading it thanks. I think the man is exporting to China. I think the buyers are from China and he is the middle man in California bidding on items from sellers like myself that wont deal in Asia.

Of course I want to walk away. Thats kinda obvious. I need a solution to walk away with my 100% positive feedback rating. I dont like the idea of trying to buy positive feedback.

Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sold on eBay since it began and the way I covered my but was to take pictures of the item,dated of course, ship with delivery confirmation, ship with 3rd party insurance and I would tell my buyers that I've shipped the item, the packaging and item were documented on it's condition and I would send a picture. Sounds like a lot but I go on the offensive but politely and let them know I've done my job and I better not hear something is wrong because of the documentation I have. Because of what I do I've had 1 problem and that was a shipping accident where it was dropped/broken and my 3rd party insurance paid. Be proactive, let them know where you stand and next time when you sell put it in big letters no international sales and that means no agent sales for other countries, that gives you an out if this happens again.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I've sold on eBay since it began and the way I covered my but was to take pictures of the item,dated of course, ship with delivery confirmation, ship with 3rd party insurance and I would tell my buyers that I've shipped the item, the packaging and item were documented on it's condition and I would send a picture. Sounds like a lot but I go on the offensive but politely and let them know I've done my job and I better not hear something is wrong because of the documentation I have. Because of what I do I've had 1 problem and that was a shipping accident where it was dropped/broken and my 3rd party insurance paid. Be proactive, let them know where you stand and next time when you sell put it in big letters no international sales and that means no agent sales for other countries, that gives you an out if this happens again.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain
This item was auctioned in the US only. Could this get me out of it?

Are you saying that eBay will remove negative feedback after reviewing the pictures?

Should I ship?

So far I have been able to solve all my problems but the wording "teach me your paypal address" gets me suspicious.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigCyp
I have sold a lot on e-bay but never have encountered a situation such as yours. You are right you do not want to ruin your rating. I think you can block certain members from bidding though after this transaction. I would as suggested contact e-bay with your concerns and hopefully get a case report number if they do that.They will probably require you to complete the transaction. I would also notify pay pal of any concerns.
Keep us posted as this is an unusual situation.
Good luck friend!

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Another problem is that Im going to the Everglades for 4 months with no internet and Im leaving in 3 weeks so Im ending my sales. I really dont want to wait on this item for 45 days to see if its returned.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
BigCyp
I have sold a lot on e-bay but never have encountered a situation such as yours. You are right you do not want to ruin your rating. I think you can block certain members from bidding though after this transaction. I would as suggested contact e-bay with your concerns and hopefully get a case report number if they do that.They will probably require you to complete the transaction. I would also notify pay pal of any concerns.
Keep us posted as this is an unusual situation.
Good luck friend!
I will block him for sure but I may have no choice but to ship.

Before I call eBay, what if I say I accidentally broke it?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sorry Edward Im just aggravated as hell. Thanks for helping. Maybe Ill call the number. Another problem I have a bad sore throat and its hard to talk lol but I gotta try..

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Im hoping his attempt to circumvent eBay by asking for my email will get me off the hook and I can refund his money. Im not going to call eBay until tommorrow I cant talk. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Heres the item I sold. (deleted) I ship United States only on this item and the middle man buyer is in California. But he ships to the original buyer in North Korea or China who later complains and then Paypal refunds the money that was on hold for 45 days.. 1000s of sales probably go smooth but 1000s may never reach their destination. Paypal pays the buyer in California for missing packages. International sales cannot be insured by USPS. I cannot insure a package to North Korea. If I try to fight the refund, he leaves bad feedback. Im being tricked into an international sale to who knows where.

Thats why I refuse to ship to Colombia, Mexico, China or North Korea among a few others..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions