How many are considered hoarders on this forum!

lookin-for-treasure

Jun 30, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying very hard not to become a hoarder...lol. I've been doing this yardsaling reselling thing a few months now and my stock is slowly creeping up. While I'm not really a collector of anything, I do appreciate older objects but I'll sell for the profit. I just enjoy the buying and reselling part, negotiating prices, and just meeting new people while I'm out. By the way, my wife says it's time to put shelves in our garage as well...lol

OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
I really enjoy the buying part. It's a selling part that sometimes slows me down like all the time!!

Grandma

Jul 15, 2013
southwestern New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many are considered hoarders on this forum!
I would fall into this category.

Sigh... Count me as the second to admit it - LOL!

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
i hoard marbles, i guess.....other things just kinda find me.....glassware...old bottles...hotwheels in bulk....i usta buy the toyboxes outta the kids room ....but theres alot of those mcdonalds giveaways stuff in there....girls hoard those pony things ...boys cars and trucks and super heroes....but at the fleas...people like to search thru em at 2fer a dollar..it usually pays my table fees...i wont say im a hoarder...but somebody else here might disagree...

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
I am a hoarder! I'm working on it though with not much success. If I would stop digging and detecting the pile wouldn't continue to grow. I can't see that happening anytime soon. DDinPA.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be until I watched the documentary on hoarders. When I watched it I thought to myself I am a hoarder. That broke me of the keeping everything thinking I may need it later.

OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
At first I couldn't understand how someone could afford to have a lot of stuff. But when you buy the yard sales for very cheap I can see how it can happen pretty easily. Mine is mainly coming from selling on eBay. Then not getting the inventory out the door as fast as I would like to. So stuff sits and sits things i am trying to sell and we get more stuff sitting and sitting. So my goal is to sell as much as I can by the end of the holidays. $.99 starting bids just get it out. However I will be out next Friday and Saturday buying More stuff! Now we sell for people to make commission off of it. So not only do I have my stuff but I have other people stuff on top of it. Even though I sell 200 things a month I seem to still have 2000 things sitting here! Oh well one day I will catch up or my kids will get to deal with it!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a hoarder! Yes, my storage units are full and my spare bedroom is full and my shed is full but... Everything I own has a value and a price and I have no attachment to any of it.

Now... Am I a garage sale addict? There is a very good possibility! lol

Once or twice a year it's good to purge the excess stuff at your own garage sale. I can't see listing/selling something for .99 on ebay, it's just not worth the time or effort.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Am I a hoarder?

Many people would say that I am, especially when they see all the stuff we have. This stuff is always in the process of getting cleaned up and priced for the flea market, or waiting to be listed on ebay.

In reality, I am not really attached to much.

Tools are a real weakness for me, and quite possibly a sickness, LOL. I just love tools, especially tools that I don't already own. My other weakness is hardware, or anything you might find in a real garage shop. WD-40? I have eight cans that I've found at estate sales. PB Blaster? 4 cans. Propane? 4 bottles, and it nearly killed me to take a full one to the flea market yesterday. Nails, screws and bolts? I probably have a lifetime supply, LOL.

Back to the tools: I don't hardly care about power tools, even though I own them. I may or may not own large boxes of antique wrenches. Or hand planes. Or socket sets. Or tool boxes. Or screw drivers. Or files. Or C-clamps. Or pliers.

I still think, that if I had a problem with hoarding tools, it is probably due to the way I grew up. You see, my father is a wizard repairman, and can fix anything in the world. But money back 40 years ago was really tight in my family, and my father made do with a very small box of junk tools, many of which were hand-me-downs. Over the years, in the middle of a project, I would hear him utter "I could really use a 10 inch C-clamp right now", which always saddened me to see my father work in such an earnest fashion while doing without....and probably explains why I own over 30 high quality C-clamps in various sizes. Of course, I bought them all at rock bottom prices, and have collected 1 or 2 at a time over the years.

Last edited:

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be a hoarder:

If your tool shed is full, but has none of your tools.
If you can't wait for your kids to move out, so you can use their rooms for storage.
If instead of having that dead car towed away, you use it for storage.
If your home has "paths" though it
If you experience "avalanches" in your home

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For now I've been able to keep it in the closet, In the crawl space, Up in the rafters, In the garage and Oh yes out in the shed. Aint nothing wrong with me. I've got a handle on it and I look just fine.8-).....Out of sight out of mind!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread