cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just gave my first ebay refund in years and it was all my fault. the lady only has 5-6 feedback points and went direct to paypal and never even sent me a msg.

I bought a nintendo DS game in a case. took pics and listed on the bay. she claims I sent something different than advertised. I opend up my old quote and blewup the picture I took and the game does not match the box cover. When I bought the thing (of course $1) I opened the box and saw a game card was in there and didn't even think to see if it matched the cover. I immediatly sent her the $$ back.

I need to pay more attention to the details.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Sometimes, IMO, it is nearly impossible to be 100% perfect all of the time, even though I strive to be.

Some time ago, I shipped a large wrench to a guy, to find out later that one end of the wrench had been machined to accept a larger size nut or bolt. I immediately refunded his money, and lost on the deal, but I now triple check every wrench that I ship.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done the same before with a digital to analog converter. It appeared to be new in the box. I didn't open it up and check it out before I sold it. Turns out it was repacked and broken. I'm fighting (for lack of a better word) with some schmuck right now over sending her package to the wrong address. I'll post a thread about it so I don't hijack this one.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Hey, it happens cyberdan. Now you will always check and thanks for reminding the rest of us to always check.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
About 10 years ago, I sent a centercap for a wheel to an address in Texas. I undercharged for shipping and actually ended up losing a few bucks on the deal. Icing on the cake, the guy tells me that it never showed up. I didnt use DC. Back then, paypal was not required so that whole process was not involved. I ended up refunding the guy's money entirely.

2 month's later, the guy emailed me and said the centercap showed up at his house that very day! He had already bought another one from someone else so I told him to just keep it and not worry about the money so I could move on with my life.

Lot of lessons learned on that early ebay transaction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread