A Batman Kind of Day

giniro

Jan 14, 2013
Columbus, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I did pretty well today. Bought a box of vintage matchbox cards with carrying cases for $8 included in this are 2 corgi juniors batmobiles one with trailer hitch and bat-boat, some other kind of plastic batmobile and a supervan. I'm pretty excited about this buy and think it should end up in the $90 range. Also got 2 vintage batman jigsaw puzzles, it's a shame the one in the can didn't have the lid but for 50 cents each I didn't even count the pieces, I'll be putting these together as soon as I clear a space on the kitchen table. Got a box of sega genesis and sega cd games for $8 but I should have looked in all the cases because sonic 2 has sonic spinball in it instead and street fighter is missing the game. Should clear $40 on those though still. Vintage samigo tripod with extendable legs, extends up to a couple feet high couldn't find the same one sold on ebay the only identical one listed ended with 0 bids with a start of $23.

DSCN2794.JPG DSCN2795.JPG DSCN2796.JPG DSCN2797.JPG
Also, for a buck the mini arcade game of donkey kong they seem to be going for $40 on the bay but mine has a sticker coming off and is missing the battery cover, hopefully it works and I can get $20 out of it.
On the advice of some folks on here I took a gamble on a star wars monopoly set for $2. Looked on ebay they seem to be going for like $5 but it's a bit of an anomaly because complete sets are going for $5 but then I see just the pewter pieces going for $15.

Had a great time today in any case. It's getting toward the end of the garage sale season and I'm not sure what I'll do with myself once my Saturdays don't have a default activity. Guess I better get to listing this stuff, it's starting to pile up and we don't have that much room to spare. From what I understand ebay sales start picking up after summer so I might start listing some stuff I'd been trying to sell locally. Anyway thanks for looking, hope you guys had good weekends.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, for a buck the mini arcade game of donkey kong they seem to be going for $40 on the bay but mine has a sticker coming off and is missing the battery cover, hopefully it works and I can get $20 out of it.

On the advice of some folks on here I took a gamble on a star wars monopoly set for $2. Looked on ebay they seem to be going for like $5 but it's a bit of an anomaly because complete sets are going for $5 but then I see just the pewter pieces going for $15.
Nikce finds. I think you should do a little better than $20 on the Donkey Kong even with the missing bat. cover, providing it works. You can fix the sticker if it's just peeling off. I just sold a Frogger game just like that one for $50 a few months ago. I'd sell it for $35-$40 myself or start the bidding at $34.99 minimum.
As for the monopoly pieces selling for more than the whole game... sometimes people can't see the forest because of the trees.

Last edited:

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
The shipping kills the price of most Monopoly games since they will be up to four pounds. The pieces are only a few ounces.

OP
OP
G

giniro

Jan 14, 2013
Columbus, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've already sold 4 of the 10 sega genesis games for $17 total. Put together the batman puzzles and they are not in the best shape, the one in the can was missing 4 pieces but the boxed one had everything. Gotta figure out how to describe the condition when I post these to ebay, some slight delamination and cracking I guess. Going to try to get good pictures of them but here's what they look like anyway.

DSCN2804.JPG

The donkey kong mini arcade does in fact work though it's a pain to set it down and operate it gently enough so the batteries don't pop out. Thanks for the input on that diggumup, I'll try listing it at $40 BIN and then lower it down if it doesn't sell.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The donkey kong mini arcade does in fact work though it's a pain to set it down and operate it gently enough so the batteries don't pop out. Thanks for the input on that diggumup, I'll try listing it at $40 BIN and then lower it down if it doesn't sell.
I had a hard time keeping the batteries from popping out even with a battery cover on the Frogger game I had. They are notorious for that. That's why so many of them lost the battery covers, the batteries fit too tightly and the covers don't fit tightly enough and have a tendency to fall off if they are not taped on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions