Anyone ever send jewelry to Tiffany for repair? 18k watch dial needs replacement.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi g-sale friends!

This watch was tucked away a year ago until I could figure out my best option for it's sale or to keep for that special lady if she came along...obviously the dial is broken and now missing the pieces as I disassembled it making sure it was authentic.

Tiffany did not make the movement and forget the maker but the dial was and I suspect the band was also. The little hallmarks on the interior pieces are amazing!

I would like to have that dial replaced and done by Tiffany so it can keep the pedigree and a new stamp like the original. Has anyone had the experience and share how things turned out?

This won't be a cheap repair, I am guessing at a couple thousand? Let me know what you think, here's the picture of the dial and a couple more for fun.

Attachments

• 0930132049.jpg
    0930132049.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 0930132050.jpg
    0930132050.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 0930132051.jpg
    0930132051.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 126
OP
OP
W

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes, it was bought at a yard sale...no it was not laying on a table or amongst costume jewelry.

The dial is Lapis, extremely thin, thickness about half of a razor blade.

Last edited:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I imagine Tiffany would be glad to get it repaired for you.... Even if they don't do the work themselves I'm sure they would send it to their watch smiths or whatever. Tiffany takes great pride in their products. I think the costs will be much more reasonable than you imagine. I suspect under $100. I really don't know though these are just my expectations of a high class company...

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't know how close you are to Philly but if you can try to take it to jeweler's row. Dozens of jewelers to choose from who all do fantastic work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions