My best day ever at garage sales!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been following this thread for a while and always drool over some of the finds you guys get. Well it was finally my turn, as soon as I get to a computer ill post some picks. I started off at a church sale and got few items there for 15,
1.sony mp3 dock paid $3
2.chicago cutlery paring pack unopened and some old kitchens knife $3.50
3. Betty Crocker hand held mixer $5 for set brand new
4.tin of buttons just for a political thimble .25 cents
5.a Lee shot shell loader kit for a $1
And a few other small things so ill do decent resale there
Hit second garage sale and it was a antique glass persons paradise. I got outta my comfort zone but I feel good.
1. Two pieces of Vaseline glass, my first ever and mint $5 bucks for both going back today for the white bubble Vaseline glass I now know that's there
2. Three glass muranio hand blown swans can sell for 10,15 and 15 not bad for 10 invested for all, these things are pretty neat.

Hit a older folks home and seen a jewelry stand, opened it up there's a box full of jewelry in it! The highlights
1. A crap ton of vintage avon jewelry, no problem with resale there with stand 20 bucks paid,
2 some silver earrings , a money clip with a 2g silver eagle 1776 coin in it, a silver Native American hand hammered bracelet and a couple of silver drop and copper earrings kinda look like bullets hitting a wall.
3. A nice digital crockpot for $5, kinda high but easy 15 bucks back.

Then another church sale not much there a old hacksaw with wood handle, and a vintage sunbeam electric skillet, only reason I bought it I was flipping through fleece bay researching what's selling seen one with a bid for $25 I paid $2 lol so easy sell there. And a old flash sensor to tell how much light you have I guess for photography .75 sell for $5 easy
Not a bad day in my book considering its usually what I deal in. But my favorite is the gasoline glass, pre 70 Fenton. I was bouncing up and down I got it, I've been dreaming of it since I seem a guy on here get a piece lol. I also got a few cast iron items a sheep shear, 2horse shows, and a yolk looking thing figure 20 for all three paid $3 for all. All toghter with all I bought a profit of 200 is easy, on maybe a $60 invest and I'm guessing that's high of what I spent. Like I said I'll try and get the highlights up but for some reason it won't let me do pics.

Have a great day and good luck everyone.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yard_sale.gif
Nice buys Nickleanddime. Looking forward to seeing the photographs. Thanks for sharing...

dbach149

Aug 4, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bought a used pitching machine for $75, used it a few times and sold it on eBay for $380...W1380275859248

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread