tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to hit the thift stores at night as I see them putting stuff out just before they close. These two items had just been put out at around 8:50 pm. - No discounts - but I'll take em. I purchased this nice Kaiser W. Germany porcelain vase - signed M. Frey - 'with no damage' for $3.59 and this sterling enamel compact compact made in Austria - I didn't see in the case when I entered the store - for only $8.99....all total under 14 bucks. Hunting at night pays good. I even look in the push carts they use, before they put items on the shelf. They just say as I dig it through them, go ahead help yourself, it's all priced and ready to sell.... I'm thinking it's the late bird that gets the worm?

Attachments

• kaiser vase.jpg
    kaiser vase.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 116
  • kaiser vase 2.jpg
    kaiser vase 2.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 112
  • compact 1.jpg
    compact 1.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 132
  • compact 2.jpg
    compact 2.jpg
    724.3 KB · Views: 120

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my best finds was in the late afternoon. I keep asking myself, "How many people just passed by it and did not give it a second thought?"

Its been tempting to go to the thrift shop towards closing. The latest I ever did was 2 hours before and found a few items. Got to try that strategy.

Thanks for the tip.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around here the only time you find anything good (for the most part) is when they bring the carts from the back of the store with the "new" items. I have 2 stores down pat as to when they do that.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget that Sundays are repricing days and 50% off certain color tags for some thrift stores. I am going to hit my local one at opening

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Yup. My best score was a half hour before goodwill closed. $2000 worth of LPs for approx. $100.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions