diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found all kinds of great stuff at the sales this past weekend. These are some of my favorites.

First we have some things I got this morning from a moving sale. The guy is a psychologist and a collector. I have seen him around at estate sales over the years. The first photo shows an eclectic mix of things. I got a Goober hat filled with pins including a couple $5-$10 ones on it, paid $5, a WW2 projectile mounted on 4 British coins from the early 1940's (trench art maybe?), paid $3. Also got a hand carved alabaster trinket box from Italy, paid $1, the old hotel bell is the kind you turn to make it ring versus pushing the button down, paid $5, a Parker (model 51 or 45?) fountain pen with a magnetic base, paid $5, a U.S. Gauge Co. balloon tire gauge, paid $1 and a glass reflector prt off a bicycle or something, has one red and one clear reflector glass, freebie. My favorite oddball piece has to be the lucite encased lab mouse advertising paperweight, paid $5 for him because I had to have it. It's so politically incorrect it was a must. PETA hates me, lol! Here's some pics-

DSC05000.jpg DSC05002.jpg DSC05012.jpg DSC05013.jpg DSC05001.jpg

Next I also found some sterling silver, a little gold and a few other things. Included not in a close up is a Wackenhut Security badge, $2, a vintage "Mercury" digital watch, $1, a Swiss Military watch, $1, and a Burberry watch (maybe a knockoff?) can't find another one like it, paid $2 for it -

DSC05015.jpg

Got the carved jade bangle bracelet from the doctor guy this morning, paid $1 for it.

DSC05021.jpg

I bought this lot of sterling rings and earrings from 2 yardsales, I literally paid $12 for all of them-

DSC05019.jpg

and that included this Tiffany & Co., diamond cut, German made, Sterling ink pen-

dsc05024.jpg

I will say that it was still dark (6:30 am) when I purchased these items and I was using a flashlight to pick. I didn't even realize the pen was Tiffany until after I got to the car and looked at it with my loupe. It was a big surprise.

Also included in the same $12 was this 10k white gold ring and 12k gold filled (tri color) camphor glass cross pendant-

DSC05018.jpg

I paid too much (by my standards) for the sterling handled serving pieces, I got them from an estate sale and paid $6 each. I will have to sell them as utensils, versus scrap to make any money on them.

DSC05014.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still going in this next pic includes a few Boy Scout items that I got last week from that idiot estate sale company with the metal detector. The other finds not from there include a Union Carbide advert. knife marked Colonial Prov.USA, paid $1, an olive wood carved cricifix from Bethlehem, paid $2, an 1887 pat. Whitall Tatum No.2 Pocket Stove w/box, paid $7, an old billy club, paid $5 and an unidentified bayonet, paid $10 for it.

DSC05022.jpg DSC05023.jpg

and last but not least was this ammonite fossil display that I will keep in my collection, paid $20 for it.

DSC05031.jpg

Last edited:

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice picks, dig! I am intrigued by some of the buttons on the hat - especially the Beatles pin and the Junior G-Man badge. I love the old bell dinger thingy - great patina on that. That one would be going in my personal collection. I like the lab mouse, too.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some killer finds! Is the rat a "keeper" or you gonna sell it?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice picks, dig! I am intrigued by some of the buttons on the hat - especially the Beatles pin and the Junior G-Man badge. I love the old bell dinger thingy - great patina on that. That one would be going in my personal collection. I like the lab mouse, too.
Thanks, I recently sold a newly made brass bell for 29.99 so I figured a vintage one should be worth a little more than that. A few of the pins are collectible. The oldest is dated 1926, 2 of them actually. I see that someone has the Alfred E Newman Pin listed for $95 with a history of 1 bid offer that was declined. This may be the sleeper pin on the hat. Just wish I knew what the offer on it was. I Found My Ideal Me Mad Magazine Guy Button Old Vtg | eBay
I love old pins and pinbacks, I probably have at least thousand of them, literally.

That's some killer finds! Is the rat a "keeper" or you gonna sell it?
He looks as good today as he did 30 years ago. I wish I could say that, lol. He's a keeper but unfortunately I will sell him. I wish I could keep everything I like but I would need a larger house sitting on a few acres with a full sized barn (or two) to do that. I bought him because he's unusual, a little macabre, and something you don't see everyday. To me that equals money. Of course it may be a month before it gets listed. I have too much to list. I need to hire someone to list my items for me. Seriously. Either that or quit buying stuff. But I don't see that happening.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff as usual Diggum. I love that hotel bell, and the advertising knife is pretty cool too. But I'm sorry, that mouse is just plain creepy looking!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread