Lousy Buying - Good Selling

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Hit a few yards sales Saturday but pretty slim pickin's. One lady was selling some outdoor/emergency gear. Most things were overpriced but I did find the a couple of good buys.

This is a little solar recharge kit. You can open it up and expose the photovoltaic cells to the sun and it will store a charge which you can then connect to any number of battery driven devices to charge them up. I paid $1.00 for it. These retail new for almost $80. It seems to work just fine. I may keep it for emergency use.
DSC01285.JPG

This is an emergency light/radio which can be run with a regular power cord or, if you have no power, you can crank the top by hand to charge up the battery. I paid $5.00 for it. I'll probably keep this, too.
DSC01286.JPG

I had a much better week on the selling side:

Bought the wardrobe suitcase a few weeks ago for $25, sold it on ebay (BIN/best offer) for $150
DSC00692.JPG

Bought the Nikon camera for $15, sold the body for $20 (sorry, I seem to have deleted the pics of the body) and the lens for $88
DSC01006.JPG

I have several other things currently listed on ebay that are getting a lot of attention so I hope to have some other good sales soon.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread