Hit an auction today, did good!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I went to the local county auction today. It's one they have every year where several surrounding county governments sell their surplus. It started at 9 am and I finally came in for the night at 11:15 pm. I filled up my long wheelbase dodge diesel truck (including the inside, passenger seat, and rear seats), my 20 foot flatbed trailer, and the back of my nissan pathfinder and it was crammed tight. I bought a row of office printers and ink and toner cartridges for $20. So far it looks like about $1,000 in cartridges or so. Haven't priced the printers yet, but there are probably 60-80 of them, from old cheap ones to newer laser printers and wireless ones. Got 50-100 office phones, boxes of computer cables and wires, etc.., 8 large office copy machines, battery backups, surge protectors, power strips galore, extension cords, network clients in the box, hp printers in the boxes, a makita skillsaw, 15-20 adding machines, staplers, office tables, loads of keyboards, and some other stuff. Some of the printers don't have their power cords, so I may have to either purchase cords to test them if they're worth it, or I may just sell them as is. I have several that are junk... isn't there a market for electronic scrap? I am so tired.
1379249_695868987092131_950374131_n.jpg

Last edited:

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Cheese, you must be single, cuz I know my wife would shoot me if I came home with that stuff. LOL Good luck with it.

T.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I'll ebay it and probably put a lot on craigslist. I've done this kind of thing for a while on a smaller scale, but this is the first time I picked a load this big. My wife was with me while I was bidding... she gets almost as excited about it as I do. We have an ebay store. I hope to one day be able to make a living or major portion of my living like this.

One thing I love about buying multiples of the same item is that you only have to make one listing.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have stuff that isn't really "saleable" (is that a word?) check out the Freecycle group for your area. Basically, things are free for the taking - you cannot ask $$$ for anything on Freecycle. It beats going to the dump.

Anita

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have stuff that isn't really "saleable" (is that a word?) check out the Freecycle group for your area. Basically, things are free for the taking - you cannot ask $$$ for anything on Freecycle. It beats going to the dump.

Anita
I don;t think he would be going to the dump were he would have to pay to get rid of it...... And i don;t think he wants to give it away since he bought it......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread