Awesome Russian Imperial silver cigarette case

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Sniper Sluice 30"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hows it going fellow treasure hunters. I will soon be posting another big post with my monthly finds but after coming across this today I thought it deserved it own thread. I had to travel to a neighboring town today to go to a floral appointment for my upcoming wedding, so I was outside of my usual hunting area. Right next to the flower shop was a store just called "The General Store" and my fiancee and I decided to check it out since we arrived early for our meeting. Inside was sort of a mix and match of old candies, pies, local foods and stuff of that nature, but they also had a little glass case full of vintage bags and costume jewelry which caught my eye. The lady running the store was very nice and let me pick through the display and I ended up with this awesome cigarette case for $60. It has two hallmarks on it one of which I found online as a "Kokoshnik" saying it is from Moscow, Russia from 1908-1926. The other I believe is a makers marks but I can't find an exact match to it so the maker is unknown for now. I did find some similar cases on ebay but the hallmarks and design are a little different (links below the pictures). The one I bought is also a bit heaver at 242 grams while the others are from 160-200 grams. What I am really curious about is the image on the front of the lady getting grabbed by the guy (maybe a soldier). Anyone up to date on their Russian lore?
PgN7Puh.png

HzYzaTQ.png

VS2Acnt.png

V6fRzzf.png

d06mZRL.png

similar ones I found....
Russian Imperial Silver Cigarette Case Box Khlebnikov Moscow 84 | eBay
Antique Russian Silver 84 Pictorial Enamel Cigarette Case | eBay
Imperial Russian Silver 84 Cigarette Case with Shishkin's Painting Artviola | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread