EBay sales for others.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I'm out and I see some one has something big for sale that probably won't sell at a yard sale ill give them a card wih my name and number and that I sell for others online. I have got some smaller items to sell like jewelry and misc items. Saturday though I made contract on a beautiful 1968 mustang!! Light blue with white trim!!! Pics will soon to come, the only problem is I want it!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
That is a great way to market yourself.

Personally, I don't list for anyone else for two reasons: 1. Buying stuff for resale is easy. Opportunity is EVERYWHERE. 2. I've never had anyone totally satisfied with the transactions where I've listed for them.

For instance, a former friend had 2 packs of Polaroid film at her garage sale for 50 cents each. I educated her on it, and offered a 50/50 split after fees, which she gladly agreed. I got $40 per pack for that film, which was tip-top of the market, using my skills, time, packing materials and top rated status. For years after, you could tell that she thought I ripped her off. In retrospect, I should have paid the $1 for the film, and kept the profit all for myself.

I have a relative that is good as gold, and I agreed to list a trombone for him. We listed it as a BIN for $199, with no takers, so, with less than an hour left on the listing, I took a $185 best offer. The stupid trombone was really only worth $160 at best. To this day, my relative still thinks that I owe him the ebay fees and the extra $14, even though I spent hours finding a box for the item, and then shipping.

No good deed goes unpunished in any situation.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I should add, people often ask me to list for them, which I quickly say "No, but I'm glad to show/help/teach you to list it yourself on your own account."

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had any problems with it yet. One lady is pretty happy. Of course I tell all my customers to take their stuff to a pawnshop first. Try a pawnshop or try somewhere else first and give me a call if you're not sure. I can show them one also what it sold for online and then they see what they get offered and it's a no-brainer. Especially on the custom stuff or specially things. I guess once I have a problem I'll probably stop doing it. Some of the stuff that has come out of this house is amazing though. I just checked the house the guy had 15 Fender guitars. All mounted on the wall In excellent condition. I don't know we'll see where goes.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Good luck!!! If she is happy, then keep working the deals, if that is what you want to do.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother in law gives me a piece every now and then to sell for him. We split t 50-50. I wouldn't do it for a stranger though. I'd rather buy it myself from them and then sell it to keep all the profit. I'm working on a 72 piece set of Gorham Chantilly sterling flatware at the moment. If all goes well, it will be mine.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to sell a little for friends but eventually it wasn't worth my time and the % I'd need from them wasn't really fair to them.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell for a couple of fellow garage goers that don't sell online. I charge them 40% of selling price - any additional shipping costs. They are a pain sometimes but they find some nice items and it works out since they don't have any quality outlet in this little town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread