$1 thrift store find

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop the local thrift store today and the way to the post office and asked her if she had anything new in your case. She pointed out everything with the blue tags is a dollar so I bought one thing.

image-2015274894.jpg

image-3611110034.jpg

image-3713659063.jpg

image-644774472.jpg

Hello sterling silver Bolo!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty, gonna look really pretty when polished up. Good & smart buy...you did good. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill leave it as is. This is one thing i have learned quite well is this unmarked sterling jewelry with turquoise. The girl there always wonders why a 33 yr old male buys jewelry all the time!

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill leave it as is. This is one thing i have learned quite well is this unmarked sterling jewelry with turquoise. The girl there always wonders why a 33 yr old male buys jewelry all the time!

Nice find... I'll have to start learning this unmarked sterling turquoise jewelry stuff!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Navajo Jewelry

http://www.925-1000.com/aNavajoSmiths.html

lots of fake Navajo/zuni jewelry out there...most made prior to the 1980's..big problem...

one should familiarize themselves with authentic pieces prior to spending more than a dollar...
tap stone against tooth? does it feel like stone, vs. plastic or glass...?
is the piece signed? is the mark in the Navajo or zuni registry?
most native jewelers are proud of their work..and sign it...real early pieces, pre 1940ish...may not be signed...but that is another story.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Navajo Jewelry

http://www.925-1000.com/aNavajoSmiths.html

lots of fake Navajo/zuni jewelry out there...most made prior to the 1980's..big problem...

one should familiarize themselves with authentic pieces prior to spending more than a dollar...
tap stone against tooth? does it feel like stone, vs. plastic or glass...?
is the piece signed? is the mark in the Navajo or zuni registry?
most native jewelers are proud of their work..and sign it...real early pieces, pre 1940ish...may not be signed...but that is another story.

Do you think this one is a fake? The stone is real. And it tastes like silver.. I would hope it's not a fake. I'm sure anything is possible. Like alpaca jewelry, that stuff has been fooling people for years!

Jk about the taste!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
no..i do believe it is real...the signature is good...the design and execution of the piece are correct....

real nice find...that bolo tie will run from $ 75-125.oo retail out here...I am not sure what the prices are like in your area...

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's going on eBay this week. I like the stuff but I think it looks weird on me!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one last year that was Margot De taxco. It was a necklace with blue lappis and turquoise inlay. I paid $25 for it and it sold for a lot more than that! So that name is always on my list of people to look for!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread