The hoarders estate sale.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Here are a few pics of the sale I went to this weekend. The house was so packed with crap, I have never seen anything like it before. The guy running the sale said the lady died with $400 left in her bank account, that it that's all she had left. She just bought and bought, so much crap there but a few things worth buying. She never sold a thing. I didn't take pictures of the bedrooms or living room ( real real bad they were) but I did ask to go pee and the guy showed me to the upstairs bathroom, puke. The tub and sink were jammed with crap with a little room to get to the toilet that wasn't cleaned since Reagan was is office. It was not a delight to pee into. Anyone else ever been to a place like this? The first pic is what I saw when I pulled up and said "yea baby, this is gonna be killer"

Attachments

• 20131130_124032.jpeg
    20131130_124032.jpeg
    456.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 20131130_115046.jpeg
    20131130_115046.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 20131130_113710.jpeg
    20131130_113710.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 20131130_104232.jpeg
    20131130_104232.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 20131130_104229.jpeg
    20131130_104229.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 134

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What a mess!! Glad you got out in one piece! Kinda looks like my grandmothers house though :/

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my house ever gets like that, shoot me please.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez, looks like my place, guess I'd better get off my duff and do some house cleaning!!

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went deer hunting in Nebraska land owner owned 10000s of acres lived in town was older couple , she bought home shopping network all day hardly any boxes opened stacked every were in house.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot I had a house that was foreclosed I had to sell it was stuffed full of stuff every room took 6 big trailers to hall that one away had 2 cars in back finally found deceased owners kid said they had gone through it and removed all they wanted before I had to clean it out also said dad had 2 storage lockers stuffed full they let go to auction. Yes most of it was home shopping network.

Then there was the high end house 4000 sf you couldn't walk through because of all the garbage and junk meth heads who sold house in multi million dollar area bought this 500,000 house used meth and spent as best I can tell close to a million in 2 years boxes and bags of linens and all kinds a crap from the nearest wallmart still in bags. 20 foot by foot candles in Christmas house style. Took 5 large dump trailers for just house.

One other one I think person had cancer house was 3 foot high of clothes food garbage with cat **** and piss on top eyes watered just entering the door ewww grossest house ever. But the 3v car garage literally had a full dumpster og Christmas lights sleds raindeer santas trains.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give her a break the old lady just didn't know she was gonna die or she would have thought to straighten up first....lol. That kinda looks like my house on Wednesday evenings after the auction!

I've seen way way worse.. whole house packed (or well piled up close to the ceiling) with only a path to get around & that's it. Felt like a cave, a nasty stinky, funky cave! Felt like if you tried to pull something out of these piles you might cause a collapse & get trapped! Just like a dug out of the ground trench might collapse on a worker. It's hard to believe someone can have that much trash without having anything of real value but they seem to manage it somehow.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hey, one estate I did took 14 40 yard dumps...four months, constant yard sale, huge donations to two museums to clean the property...
live and dead rodents, black mold...rotten paper

ugly scene...

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
hey, one estate I did took 14 40 yard dumps...four months, constant yard sale, huge donations to two museums to clean the property...
live and dead rodents, black mold...rotten paper

ugly scene...
That's big $$$ for those dumpsters and you have to pay for labor to load them. The guy running this one estimated they would need 7-9 of them. Kids had no money for that so the proceeds of the sale were going to clean this up so the house could sell and finally go away. heres a link of a local dumpster price.

Call 973-945-1000 ? PASSAIC COUNTY DUMPSTER

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup, those roll-off boxes ain't cheap - and that is probably just have the box delivered and picked up. Landfill (or recycle center) charges to unload the contents are not included (at least where I live).

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, those roll-off boxes ain't cheap - and that is probably just have the box delivered and picked up. Landfill (or recycle center) charges to unload the contents are not included (at least where I live).

The cost of a dumpster where I live includes any cost associated with unloading it. It's X amount of $ for X size of dumpster delivered, left for 5-7 days, picked up & dumped. I know well as I have dealt with it 3 times in 4 years.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to one yardsale. everything was nice and neat even the garage. I picked out something I wanted and the lady said her husband was a hoarder and she would have to go inside and ask what he wants. She came back out with nothing in her hands. he didn't want to sell it. i found something else and we went thru the same thing. I had just finished wasting 10-15 min and left.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions