Thrift shop stop

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite place never lets me down. Today was just as good and I have to wait to go to doctors appointment in 15 minutes so I'm going to post this one sitting in the car. All jewelry except for the two toy guitars my daughter got for a dollar. $14 total spent.

image-2185918494.jpg

image-3749058184.jpg

The blue rifle is World War II pin Mark Sterling.

image-4271492507.jpg

This Is marked Tiffany and co 925.

image-1985161777.jpg

image-4045473910.jpg

image-1784368417.jpg

And the brown one is Marked esprito? Or something like that. I need my loop. And they want me to come back with my test kit later today to check some gold jewelry too. Which if it's real I'll get it below spot.

image-378229313.jpg

Attachments

• image-3583436951.jpg
    image-3583436951.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 119

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful with the Tiffany, lots of silver fakes. Is the back of the claw marked "925". Also if close enough to a T&Co. store and ask them to clean it, it will cost $15, but they won't clean any jewelery that is not theirs.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I acid tested it it's fake. So that's a bummer. But there's a pair of earrings I think the 18 karat gold. They seem to be marked something like 70 PU? I'm not really sure and I need a better loop. There's also a letter M.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can tell fakes from Tiffany right away. :icon_thumleft: You see on each loop of the chain? You can see the line where each loop connects to itself? :icon_scratch: Tiffany necklaces don't have a line where they connect, at all ever... :headbang: Kinda like fine watches, or purses they are generally flawless.. You'll get the real deal one day I'm sure !!

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for the info. You are talking about the part that is next to or connected to the clasp, that ring their correct? Thank you very much for the heads up! I'm Glad it was only $1!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for the info. You are talking about the part that is next to or connected to the clasp, that ring their correct? Thank you very much for the heads up! I'm Glad it was only $1!

I'm talking about "every" loop. Not just the clasp but "every" loop. You can zoom in on the picture and you can see, where "each" loop connects to itself you see a line. You can also see that were they connect is red/copper colored. Also a sign of being fake. Tiffany won't have lines at all...

Your welcome, happy I can help !!
Keep @ it and HH !!

Last edited:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Careful with the Tiffany, lots of silver fakes. Is the back of the claw marked "925". Also if close enough to a T&Co. store and ask them to clean it, it will cost $15, but they won't clean any jewelery that is not theirs.

I happened by a T&co store in Pasadena, and I went in. They told me that they would tell me if my piece is real without buying or paying anything. The important thing about paying for cleaning is that...

1) The item is clean and ready for sale
2) You have a receipt to show on the sale to prove that the item is real

FAL guy

Feb 5, 2012
OKC, OK
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that blue pin...is a combat infantrymen badge...30+ day in combat earns a person that award.

For award of the CIB a Soldier must meet the following three requirements:

1. Be an infantryman satisfactorily performing infantry duties.
  2. Be assigned to an infantry unit during such time as the unit is engaged in active ground combat.
  3. Actively participate in such ground combat.

There is no 30 + days requirement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread