What to do with all these 45 Singles

omga747

Oct 28, 2011
Southern CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked these up at a yard sale a while back for $35, but I still haven't really decided what to do with them all. There's 120 in all, most in average condition with a few scratches and whatnot, but some in nearly mint condition. The artists are mostly 70s-80s pop or rock-ish stuff like The Carpenters, Heart, Prince, etc. After I picked out a few for myself (some Supertramp and ELO :icon_thumright:), I haven't really done much. I looked each one up individually on ebay, and none of them are big-bucks singles, and I've listed a few individually, but they barely get any attention. What do you all think might be the best way to get rid of these? I'm thinking my options are something like this:
1. Individually on ebay (tried, not really working)
2. In random lots of 10-20 on ebay (with the listing titled something like "Ten Random 45 RPM Vinyl Singles")
3. In one giant lot on ebay
4. In one giant lot on Craigslist

Thanks for any replies!
IMG_0585.JPG

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Check if any are first releases.If any are without jackets,trash.Unless its rare and a collector just has the jacket.

BertC

Dec 25, 2013
Vinyl is making a huge comeback here in Minnesota. I would suggest contacting Electric Fetus in Minneapolis. They are one of the largest outfits in the Midwest who still sells vinyl.

Good find though. 😄

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
We sell 45's for 50 cents each at the flea market, but they tend to be slow sellers.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi alpha,i put one on auction old johnny cash started it at 10.00 buy it now 25.00 and have 2 watchers,it was giving to a friend of billie walker bye bille walker.not sure if that matters because i did not know who he was till i looked it up.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have a rare or valuable 45, you will know it. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you have 120 gems because it is more likely you have mostly duds. Flea market for 50 cents each is your best bet.

Also, this should be a good learning opportunity. Based on your numbers of 120 records at $35, you paid almost 30 cents each for these. At that price, I would be absolutely certain that there were a few gems in the lot that could potentially pay for the whole bunch. If buying in bulk, I would try to pay NO MORE THAN 25 cents each and I would be sure to know that the bulk lot contained some halfway decent titles in halfway decent condition.

Also, 70s and 80s pop = avoid.

bumperjack

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2013
Tomball Tx
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kinda interested in this topic as my daughter inherited (sp?) several hundred pounds of those things. They are from the 50's on up. They came from my father-in-laws business.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Kinda interested in this topic as my daughter inherited (sp?) several hundred pounds of those things. They are from the 50's on up. They came from my father-in-laws business.

Post them in a separate thread. Post what youve got and your questions and I (and others) will do my best to help.

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
I make bowls with a lot of the non descript ones, people love these things

Attachments

• DSC07100.JPG
    DSC07100.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC07101.JPG
    DSC07101.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC07102.JPG
    DSC07102.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
omga747

omga747

Oct 28, 2011
Southern CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Those vinyl art pieces are pretty cool! I'll probably end up selling them as lots or something, just enough to get my money back and hopefully make a little extra.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never bought any and maybe looked at the thousands I see just a couple of times. I have always just listen to music playing on the radio and that's it, I would throw the dice for all on a 99 cent start auction and just say goodbye to them all at what ever price they'd bring. You never know? Could take a loss or triple your money maybe someone lost their collection of 70s 80s music in a flood??? I just wouldn't spend 35 bucks on that kind of thing on a whim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread