All the other places to find sterling silver.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two years ago when I started selling jewelry I only thought silver was on and in jewelry I guess I had a lot to learn. So going to thrift stores and yard sales I started looking around to see what I could find other then sterling silver jewelry. Most of you know this I suppose but I just wanted to share some of my other Sterling finds that were not jewelry.

image-507379049.jpg

These two pieces were at a thrift store for a dollar apiece I think.

image-4158749710.jpg

image-1860076029.jpg

image-2031822548.jpg

The small lid it is Marked Tiffany and the other lids or tops for these other pieces are also Sterling.

image-4243917606.jpg

Of course there is silverware that is Sterling. The buttonhook is a tool use a Lot!
Then there is probably my favorite find that were some ingots from Franklin mint that were 2 ounces apiece. And last is the belt buckle.

image-3801914047.jpg

image-1403878184.jpg

So setting out to find stuff that was silver and not only jewelry has been a fun adventure. Not to mention whatever else is out there too!!!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what the one above this is.
He was a priest near Philadelphia around the turn of the century. This is a medallion that commemorates the first 25 years of his ordination to the priesthood.

On November 25, 1904, the Archbishop of Philadelphia sent the Rev. Miecislaus Monkiewicz, whom he had ordained November 7, 1901, to form St. Adalbert's parish between St. John Cantius in Bridesburg and St. Laurentius in Kensington. No sooner had he completed a beautiful church and a large school than the Sisters of Nazareth were invited to teach hundreds of boys and girls. Father Monkiewicz, who remained in Port Richmond until he died June 6, 1946, and built the largest Polish parish in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, established a life-long friendship with the Bednarek family.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was a priest near Philadelphia around the turn of the century. This is a medallion that commemorates the first 25 years of his ordination to the priesthood.

On November 25, 1904, the Archbishop of Philadelphia sent the Rev. Miecislaus Monkiewicz, whom he had ordained November 7, 1901, to form St. Adalbert's parish between St. John Cantius in Bridesburg and St. Laurentius in Kensington. No sooner had he completed a beautiful church and a large school than the Sisters of Nazareth were invited to teach hundreds of boys and girls. Father Monkiewicz, who remained in Port Richmond until he died June 6, 1946, and built the largest Polish parish in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, established a life-long friendship with the Bednarek family.

Wow! Thank you very much for the info!

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always curious of the various shapes and forms that sterling can come in. Now I've got a few more ideas of where to check!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread