cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Annoyed by his blatant disrespect for the shop owner and disgrace to intelligence or any sort of ethics, I went and made the antique shop owner aware of what he had just done to some 200 year old silverware that she had a very hefty price tag on.

Good show.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now if you could just disguise the magnifying glass as a pair of reading glasses you'd be set!

I have never had any one question me using my loupe other than a comment "looking for gold?" (I also pick up several things and use my loupe (books, boxes, plates) before and after looking at the jewelry. I say my eyes are shot I need it to see any small printing.

I have had a few think I was a professional jeweler and ask for an appraisal. ;)

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember with using steomg magnets, keep them away from your smartphone. It'll wipe it or damage it. Had it happen not fun. Bad thing it was my bosses.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember with using steomg magnets, keep them away from your smartphone. It'll wipe it or damage it. Had it happen not fun. Bad thing it was my bosses.

Only certain ones depends on the chip they use I think one is magnetic and ones static. However you don't want to find out. It'll also deactivate you're magnetic strip on debit or credit cards

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know, luckily I have kept mine in a different pocket from cell and credit cards =)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread