How would you handle this ebay customer?

ezman604

Jan 8, 2014
West Coast of Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Bud 220 Select
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? Personal policy has sure saved me from opening more cases to get the eBay "law" on the case. Sellers with good values. And personal policy has helped me keep 100% feedback with 1700+ transaction.
But hey, I'm just one small eBay member. And the way I roll. I treat folks like it's me on the other end of the transaction.

:)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? Personal policy has sure saved me from opening more cases to get the eBay "law" on the case. Sellers with good values. And personal policy has helped me keep 100% feedback with 1700+ transaction.
But hey, I'm just one small eBay member. And the way I roll. I treat folks like it's me on the other end of the transaction.

You lost me, how does personal policy help you get 100% feedback with 1700+ transactions? Do you mean as a buyer or a seller? Regardless of which you mean of course personal policy is all fine and dandy when the transaction goes right, but that's not what we are talking about. At the end of the day if the buyer has the means to take action through ebay or paypal that is what he is going to do regardless of what the listing says. I would guess I am probably the most prolific buyer for ebay on this site (lots of little things) and I can honestly say I pay extremely little attention to what any seller has to say. I see the item, the cost to ship, maybe glance at the description, and the rest just takes up space and doesn't matter because it's only the ebay and PP policy that counts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...
If you are offering a refund WELL after the posted return policy, I certainly hope you have 100% feedback rating. If not, you should have. That is above and beyond for a seller and the kind of person I hope to always deal with on eBay. I certainly hope they either find the issue or return it without tampering with it. They should have also paid more attention to the return policy time limit.
Anyway, thumbs up to you!!!!
I agree but all it takes is for someone to open a SNAD case and they get their money back anyway, so what's the difference? If I told the guy to go f himself, all I'd get is a neg. fb to go with it. He got a good deal anyway. He paid less than $100 BIN for a lighter that sells for well over $500 new. I'll just sell it again, even if not working right, it'll get close to the same at auction I believe. At any rate, I've only got a couple bucks in it to begin with.

PS- I will have my 100% rating back in a couple more months. It's at 99.4% at the moment due to a jackass last year involving a Tiffany clock, but that's another story. I would like to maintain my top rated seller status though in the meantime.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he stated in email to you that it was working on arrival, I most certainly would not have refunded him anything. Ebay can see all that. Case closed if you ask me! How do you know if he damaged it filling it? or wrapping it? Plus the lighter left the purchasers custody? A full month has passed, you have no liability.

Bandit2

Jan 7, 2014
Portsmouth, Va.Metro-West Taxachusettes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I bid on the over 60 gold and treasure mining magazines last weekend , I asked the seller if she would take a P.O. Money Order as I REFUSE to Use Prey Pal .
She eagerly accepted my offer , and when I did win , She even offered to meet Me 1/2 way ( She lived 2 Hrs. away ) to save Me the cost of postage .

Regarding the Lighter
" I tested it briefly after filling with gas upon receipt, but when my friend opened it and tried it, the lighter worked less with each strike. The flame got smaller and smaller, even after I tried refilling the lighter. I fear it might be missing a stem to the gas port in the bottom of the lighter as well. "
I would bet that when You get it back .
It WILL be missing the Stem to the Gas Port , as He has UPGRADED His Old Broken Lighter to one That Works .
Bob

ezman604

Jan 8, 2014
West Coast of Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You lost me, how does personal policy help you get 100% feedback with 1700+ transactions? Do you mean as a buyer or a seller? Regardless of which you mean of course personal policy is all fine and dandy when the transaction goes right, but that's not what we are talking about. At the end of the day if the buyer has the means to take action through ebay or paypal that is what he is going to do regardless of what the listing says. I would guess I am probably the most prolific buyer for ebay on this site (lots of little things) and I can honestly say I pay extremely little attention to what any seller has to say. I see the item, the cost to ship, maybe glance at the description, and the rest just takes up space and doesn't matter because it's only the ebay and PP policy that counts.
LOL
I'd try to explain it to you but...
1) I don't think you really care
2) If I need to explain how to treat folks in a transaction, it's probably beyond your comprehension.

line removed
censored.gif
http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules :evil5:

Good luck with your future transactions on eBay.
I hope to have dealings with the OP, sounds like someone that treats folks descent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL
2) If I need to explain how to treat folks in a transaction, it's probably beyond your comprehension.
:censored:
I hope to have dealings with the OP, sounds like someone that treats folks descent.

Yeah my 14,000+ posts and I do the regular troll patrol around here.

I now see you somehow think how to treat folks is the policy we're talking about, so you clearly did not interpret the conversation in this thread correctly.... and to say it's beyond my comprehension? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL

line removed
censored.gif
http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules :evil5:

Ez, please obey our rules, no insults. The comment....

" If I need to explain how to treat folks in a transaction, it's probably beyond your comprehension."

is uncalled for.....

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Regarding the Lighter
" I tested it briefly after filling with gas upon receipt, but when my friend opened it and tried it, the lighter worked less with each strike. The flame got smaller and smaller, even after I tried refilling the lighter. I fear it might be missing a stem to the gas port in the bottom of the lighter as well. "
I would bet that when You get it back .
It WILL be missing the Stem to the Gas Port , as He has UPGRADED His Old Broken Lighter to one That Works .

I would think that this is a good possibility.... and even if the buyer didn't remove parts, the lighter went from a working example to a non-working example over the extended period of time it was in his possession.

My inclination would be that no matter what I did as the Seller, my FeedBack would probably not be good.
For these reasons, I would be very tempted to tell the buyer to pound sand

ezman604

Jan 8, 2014
West Coast of Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah my 14,000+ posts and I do the regular troll patrol around here.

I now see you somehow think how to treat folks is the policy we're talking about, so you clearly did not interpret the conversation in this thread correctly.... and to say it's beyond my comprehension? LOL

My sincere apologies to the OP and the forum. I feel I was disrespected in my attempt to offer help and advise. And I see it is allowed to continue. Which is a hijacking of the original thread. Please feel free to delete all of my responses to get this thread back on track.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would be real hesitant to refund on this for reasons stated above. It really stinks when this stuff happens because you just don't know if they are legit or trying to get away with something. You sold it in working order, it was received in working order, it will not be returned in working order most likely. How long can people wait to leave feedback? Is there a time limit?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sincere apologies to the OP and the forum. I feel I was disrespected in my attempt to offer help and advise. And I see it is allowed to continue. Which is a hijacking of the original thread. Please feel free to delete all of my responses to get this thread back on track.
No apology necessary, we are all passionate about things we are vested in, be it a hobby or business.

PS- I will update this thread when at all possible.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No apology needed, it was a friendly reminder was all....

3%

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know diggummup. I got stiffed on a several thousand dollar transaction a few weeks ago. The buyer's wife had maxed out his credit cards he said two days later so I cancelled the transaction. I had to re-list and ended up losing two hundred bucks second time around. Then came pay pals bill :thumbsup: I actually called E-bay and resolved the issue over the phone. That was a first for me.
Good luck you are doing the right thing in moving on and re selling if it comes to a neg feedback.Not worth the hassle.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know diggummup. I got stiffed on a several thousand dollar transaction a few weeks ago. The buyer's wife had maxed out his credit cards he said two days later so I cancelled the transaction. I had to re-list and ended up losing two hundred bucks second time around. Then came pay pals bill :thumbsup: I actually called E-bay and resolved the issue over the phone. That was a first for me.
Good luck you are doing the right thing in moving on and re selling if it comes to a neg feedback.Not worth the hassle.
TN...how did you get a PP bill if she paid with CC, paypall refunds your costs, if you refund through them, a mutual cancelation should have got you all costs back :icon_scratch:

SS

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TN...how did you get a PP bill if she paid with CC, paypall refunds your costs, if you refund through them, a mutual cancelation should have got you all costs back :icon_scratch:

SS

As would be put by a DJ, I think he slam-mixed that paragraph together. :)

The Paypal bill he is talking about is from the 2nd transaction, added salt in the wound after getting $200 less on the 2nd sale. You were probably thrown off because the next sentence goes back to the first sale, but was just a general comment about how it was canceled. I did the same thing until I read it again.

Last edited:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As would be put by a DJ, I think he slam-mixed that paragraph together. :)

The Paypal bill he is talking about is from the 2nd transaction, added salt in the wound after getting $200 less on the 2nd sale. You were probably thrown off because the next sentence goes back to the first sale, but was just a general comment about how it was canceled. I did the same thing until I read it again.
Cheers, I see were I miss read it now:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread