Any info on these blue glass birds?

tamaco

Oct 16, 2013
southwest
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up these little birds at a yard sale ...

image.jpg (not sure why these are upside down :o.)

image.jpg

They say "Burma" on the bottom and are heavy glass. You can see the color on the one with the light shining on it. Any ideas? Are they just cheap trinkets? Thank you in advance for ANY info!!! I like them no matter what :icon_thumright:

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id say you have some paper weights there. I don't know anything about glass marked Berma tho.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
If the word "Burma" on them means they were made in Burma and it isn't a brand name it would mean they have a little age to them. Burma became Myanmar, although some countries do not recognize the legitimacy of the military regime and the name change and do still call it Burma, in 1989. Other than that I can't help you.

T.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are from Australia. See how they are upside down. :icon_thumright:

Never heard of the brand name Burma either.

I like them. They are very different from most glass birds. If I disregarded the Burma the country comment. I might guess Sweden. They are made differently than any glass bird I've ever seen. It looks like the word Burma is acid etched so it probably was factory made vs a one man studio operation. However having read the comment. I would guess Burma the country is probably correct. If you hold them up to the light and they have lots of tiny bubbles or any other trash. Then definitely Burma the country they use a lot of recycled glass in that area of the world.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are from Australia. See how they are upside down. :icon_thumright:

Never heard of the brand name Burma either.

I like them. They are very different from most glass birds. If I disregarded the Burma the country comment. I might guess Sweden. They are made differently than any glass bird I've ever seen. It looks like the word Burma is acid etched so it probably was factory made vs a one man studio operation. However having read the comment. I would guess Burma the country is probably correct. If you hold them up to the light and they have lots of tiny bubbles or any other trash. Then definitely Burma the country they use a lot of recycled glass in that area of the world.

OP
OP
T

tamaco

Oct 16, 2013
southwest
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info. just didn't want the kid playing with them if they were some super valuable treasure! hahaha. the "burma" looks actually painted on. i just hadn't seen any glassware from burma before. i still think they are very cute :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions