Mexican Silver

jbc465

Sep 7, 2013
Went to a garage sale today and saw there was a lot of jewelry. Some fake and some good stuff I was able to purchase all for about $5.00. There is a 1953 five peso money clip with $13.00 worth of silver. Three pair of cuff links and one pair of earrings marked 925 made in Mexico. The cross earrings aren't marked but look silver. The neckless and both sand dollars are James Avery. Then there are the two pocket knives and the little purse of what I don't know about. You just never know what you will find. Tomorrow I get to hit the beach.

image-4094902894.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did real good on your 5 dollar:icon_thumleft:... The Avery piece I would say is as least 35 bucks with out looking it up, plus I'd say the cross earrings look sterling to me.

I'm back and I just looked at Avery sand dollar sales.... That could go to $75. plus cause you got the JA chain also on a good day in ebay.

I would sell the JA chain and pendant separately, as that is how I found to get the most out of that kind of signed jewelry.

Last edited:

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The crosses look legit from the picture to me. The hooks maybe stamped 925 to give a hint, but doesn't guarantee the crosses are ) Also on some jewelry like crosses look along the edges, sometimes the marks are on the edge somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread