Any body know who made this crystal bowl???

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_3059.JPG
    IMG_3059.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 217

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol ive been violating that rule 1 for 2 days now and im in the same boat as you, crystal and not knowing what it is.

Ive been going through ebay and worth point, also just typing in cut crystal bowl and burning my eyeballs out trying to match. Good luck man, hope someone will help soon.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is an outlet mall near you or some other store that sells multiple types of crystal, you may take it by there, they are probably very versed in the different styles that makers use and may be able to help you identify it or give you some protips ) Just remember, it is advice, so take it with a grain of salt and run it through your logic before fully accepting it.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not an expert in crystal but I have bought and sold several pieces. One of the things I look for are indications that the piece was hand cut. Hand cut pieces have much sharper edges than molded ones and the cuts are often very slightly asymmetrical. Below are a couple of vases I bought and sold a year or so ago. As I recall, I got about $80 for them. There was a sticker on the bottom one that said "Made in Czechoslovakia".

DSC06792.JPG

DSC07841.JPG

OP
OP
D

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got burned out on worthpoint. I thought someone might recognize the cut.

Its is handcut and sharp. And really heavy. I usually can eliminate the junk. Its just hard to identify modern crystal. Sometimes its hard to find the mark on marked pieces.

Tallone are you teaching a photo workshop anytime soon because that photo is pretty amazing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread