Right time, Right place.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rolled up on a family run estate sale just as they opened the big garage door, I was first in and spotted a bunch of costume jewelry I quickly looked at it and spotted a 14k ring without the setting so I grabbed all of it, (2 small baskets and some jewelry boxes that I did not even look in) I asked how much and she said $5.00 Sold! While paying I noticed a Barber half in thier change bowl and asked how much for that and she said $1.00, and she had some more coins, so I ended getting all of the coins for $7.00! I ended up with 19.7grams-14k, 5.5grams-10k. I did not weigh the sterling. as for the coins 1 barber half, 1 walker, 2-40% kennedy's, 1 washington quarter, 1 merc, 1 rosie, 1 war nickel, 4 steel pennies,24 wheat pennies and 2 silver Italian coins. I got lucky by being the first one there because my competition is fierce! Thanks for looking and Good luck!.........Scott.

Attachments

• 1-18-14.jpg
    1-18-14.jpg
    768.3 KB · Views: 155

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Italian coins could very well be silver also, post good pics of front and back and I would bet Sagittarius or others will be able to identify them easily.

OP
OP
Rodbuster209

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Italian coins could very well be silver also, post good pics of front and back and I would bet Sagittarius or others will be able to identify them easily.
Yes they are silver, they are .835 I have a site on my phone that is great for checking coins www.Currencydebasement.com Thanks for looking and the kind remarks, Goodluck!.....Scott

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go...

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY