Attention: Owners Of Tnet And All Who Post On The GS Forum

Are you in favor of an eBay Sub forum on here?

• Total voters

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah that would work, but you might as well include garage sale tips and rants there too, and keep the main forum about the items.

IP, agreed.

We are just talking about 2 seperate main discussion topics.

The main forum should be about (and has always been about) "deals and steals" or "picks" from anywhere really. Showing off, questions about items, help with value, etc.

What we are requesting is a separate forum for discussion of all things ebay: How to use it, selling techniques, rants, problems with sellers/buyers, etc.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really care either way. It seems to bother some to have the two topics mingling, so perhaps that is reason enough. I do not feel the two combined create anywhere near an excess of posts. I do believe the is a correlation between the two, but I'm not sure I'd call it a subcategory of garage sales.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP, agreed.

We are just talking about 2 seperate main discussion topics.

The main forum should be about (and has always been about) "deals and steals" or "picks" from anywhere really. Showing off, questions about items, help with value, etc.

What we are requesting is a separate forum for discussion of all things ebay: How to use it, selling techniques, rants, problems with sellers/buyers, etc.

I like the idea of a sub category for rants and raves for any sort of sale/buy - garage sales and eBay alike. Your idea about an all things eBay is also a good thought. Do you also mean that eBay picks would be included in the main category and just inquiries and rants would be in the subcategory?

There's a lot of ways to slice and dice the forum, I suppose. I think that maybe of all the options a pure eBay category or sub category would be best - next to not splitting anything up.

Again, it doesn't really matter to me as I enjoy reading all of the finds/inquiries of eBay and garage sales alike.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I voted YES just since some members I respect seem to want it. But personally feel it is a bad move that will steal activity from the Garage Sales forum and cause future problems of anybody that mentions the word Ebay get grief that they are in the wrong forum. But whatever the masses want I respect it.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I voted yes, just so I could have another forum to read. As if I don't have enough already.

But, I see it is not a secret poll.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like them together-- for many things in the two topics, they go hand in hand. I know not everyone sells their yard sale picks, but I still like them all together. Just my opinion.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I myself prefer to read about and see pictures of all the Garage, yard, estate sale finds, not so much auctions. It is interesting to read about which items sell well on ebay, but along with that you get everything else along with it. Admin should get rid of the dumpster diving sub forum and attach a sub forum for ebay topics. Just my humble opinion, Goodluck!.........Scott.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are already 100s of ebay forums on the internet. Most of them useless. I like ebay threads posted there b/c its people selling similar items. So the only reason to post ebay stuff in the garage sale forum is because of the audience in garage sale forum. If i see a topic i don't like i just don't click on it.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I just counted the ebay threads on the very first page of this forum.

At the time of this posting, there are exactly 5 threads on the first page of the forum.

We really need a sub-forum for ebay discussions?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Technically speaking, I shouldn't even be posting on this thread, ever, and neither should many others.

I'm not sure that I went to a yard sale last year. Okay, now that I think about it, I did go to a handful of sales.

99% of the junk I sell was sourced from auctions, thrift stores, and estate tag sales.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Technically speaking, I shouldn't even be posting on this thread, ever, and neither should many others.

I'm not sure that I went to a yard sale last year. Okay, now that I think about it, I did go to a handful of sales.

99% of the junk I sell was sourced from auctions, thrift stores, and estate tag sales.

You don't have to be "smart" about it. The point is not to strictly make all topics about garage sales...

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the people who start e-bay posts are forum members who post their "garage sale" finds also. I have also seen alot of "estate sale" "thrift store " finds posted in this section. So lets start a sub forum for them also. As someone already said if you don't like the thread don't read or reply to it. Advice and experiences on selling your garage sale items is part of this forum as with all forums! Check all the other forums and see if advice and experiences are not part of the discussion. Why are we targeting E-bay in this discussion?

Last edited:

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a more accurate description of the forum split would be that we would have two forums, one about stuff we've bought and one about stuff we're selling. Posts about cool finds at thrift stores, auctions, estate sales, yard sales, "help ID" posts, and other such things will go into the "buying" forum (the original Garage sale finds thread), and posts about crazy auctions, ebay users, rants, selling tips, selling stories, listing advice, shipping problems, etc would go in the "selling" forum (the potential new ebay thread). If you're not sure which one to post in, just use your better judgement and choose one. No one is going to get mad at you for accidentally putting your post in the wrong place. These threads are very informative, and I think that logically sorting them is a great way to fully utilize their potential.

In other words, I think it's a great idea.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
If I go to a garage sale and find some sweet buys, where would I post them? I buy for ebay, so in the garage sale forum or ebay forum? If I post them in the ebay forum, it will be garage sale finds posted in the ebay forum instead of ebay threads posted in the garage sale forum. Same problem, different forum. That's what it seems like most of the posts on this forum are about anyway. The two go hand in hand for the most of us I believe.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, can we get all clad removed from Today's Finds? Create a sub-forum for it. Thanks! :headbang:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the people who start e-bay posts are forum members who post their "garage sale" finds also. I have also seen alot of "estate sale" "thrift store " finds posted in this section. So lets start a sub forum for them also. Those will continue to get posted in the Garage sale finds forum as they always have been.
As someone already said if you don't like the thread don't read or reply to it. As previously stated more than once now, this is not about liking or not liking a topic, it's about specific subject matter.

Advice and experiences on selling your garage sale items is part of this forum as with all forums! Check all the other forums and see if advice and experiences are not part of the discussion. Why are we targeting E-bay in this discussion?
Because this is the "Garage Sale Finds" forum not the eBay discussion forum.

I think a more accurate description of the forum split would be that we would have two forums, one about stuff we've bought and one about stuff we're selling. Posts about cool finds at thrift stores, auctions, estate sales, yard sales, "help ID" posts, and other such things will go into the "buying" forum (the original Garage sale finds thread), and posts about crazy auctions, ebay users, rants, selling tips, selling stories, listing advice, shipping problems, etc would go in the "selling" forum (the potential new ebay thread). If you're not sure which one to post in, just use your better judgement and choose one. No one is going to get mad at you for accidentally putting your post in the wrong place. These threads are very informative, and I think that logically sorting them is a great way to fully utilize their potential.

In other words, I think it's a great idea.
Good ideas from you too. And in the long run it will attract more traffic to this site by having an ebay forum. Think about that TNET owners and admin.

If I go to a garage sale and find some sweet buys, where would I post them? I buy for ebay, so in the garage sale forum or ebay forum? Garage Sale forum of course. If I post them in the ebay forum, it will be garage sale finds posted in the ebay forum instead of ebay threads posted in the garage sale forum. Same problem, different forum. That's what it seems like most of the posts on this forum are about anyway. The two go hand in hand for the most of us I believe.
Yes they do go hand in hand to a certain point. There is nothing wrong with posting a garage sale find with a sold or selling price on ebay with it. I'm talking about ebay specific threads.

By the way, can we get all clad removed from Today's Finds? Create a sub-forum for it. Thanks! :headbang:
No need for sarcasm IP, not while your still wearing that spandex suit anyway big boy, lol. :headbang:

I'm not trying to split hairs here. All i'm trying to get at here, is that with an ebay sub forum or child board or whatever technical term it is called, we can keep our finds (be it gs,thrift,estate, or what have you) on one board and our ebay selling/help/rants/questions/anything ebay on another and in the process maybe open this forum up to more exposure. I think that if we did have an ebay specific board, it would attract more attention to this site in general. This is after all, the very best website on the entire internet in my opinion and more traffic would only enhance that.

So far the majority vote is in my favor... not that it means anything since this isn't a true democracy, lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And those can continue to get posted in garage sale finds as they always have, as I think it is all encompassing as to our actual "finds".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread