Attention: Owners Of Tnet And All Who Post On The GS Forum

Are you in favor of an eBay Sub forum on here?

• Total voters

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just my two cents but I think what should really be kept in mind either way is what is most beneficial to a new visitor on the TN Garage Sale Forum.

When I first came to this forum, I found all of the information posted helped me get to where I'm at, including the ebay focused postings. I remember I went through almost every single thread.

The way I look at it, the more content posted about buying and selling items, the better. Someone who posted about listing an item on ebay may not has posted their find at all. Knowledge is power here and if we make all aspects of garage sales easily available then we are providing a something of real value.

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
I voted no because of what happened in the CRH forum when it was split. Wasn't pretty and had a negative effect, IMO.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I voted no because of what happened in the CRH forum when it was split. Wasn't pretty and had a negative effect, IMO.
Apples and oranges. This is a whole different animal but that's fine, your entitled to your opinion. Thanks for voting Joe.

PS- I think several CRH'ers in particular ruined that forum a couple years back, but that's another story.

PPS- By the way... What happened to the CRH forum when they split it up?

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
It was just a disorganized and confused mess, and people gave up on the sub-forums. I came here to this forum when it happened, and even though the CRH forums were switched back, I still don't visit there very often any more. I will go along with whatever happens here (because this is my favorite forum:icon_thumleft:), but would prefer it to stay the same.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It was just a disorganized and confused mess, and people gave up on the sub-forums. I came here to this forum when it happened, and even though the CRH forums were switched back, I still don't visit there very often any more. I will go along with whatever happens here (because this is my favorite forum:icon_thumleft:), but would prefer it to stay the same.

Think of it like this: There is a coin roll hunting forum and a coins forum, even though the 2 are almost interchangeable, right? I know exactly what you are talking about with the CRH subforum mess. That was a HORRIBLE idea and I have no clue why they ever implemented it.

Not to open a can of worms but the differences between the CRH section and the garage sales section is staggering. Not even on the same wavelength.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think Ebay forum is most appropriate, and should make searching and using the forums more enjoyable, and efficient.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I voted no. But now that's its in place I really like it. Was a good idea and it fits in well.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread