Attention: Owners Of Tnet And All Who Post On The GS Forum

Are you in favor of an eBay Sub forum on here?

• Total voters

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the time has come for the owners of this site to create an ebay subsection on the garage sale finds forum. There are far too many ebay threads on this forum. They are starting to overwhelm the garage sale and other appropriate threads on here. I know it's winter time and many people can't get out to garage sales but this is the "Garage Sale Finds" forum not the ebay forum. I know most of us are all guilty of posting our ebay stories, problems, rants and raves on here, myself included, but it's getting a little overwhelming to say the least. Not to mention that i'm sure it will get more traffic than the "dumpster diving" sub forum. Think about it. Please vote accordingly.

Are you in favor of a subsection for Ebay threads?

Vote Yes or no

Feel free to offer any opinions as well, both pro and con. Thanks

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a plan? community board on ebays no fun, bunch of baby's crying all the time.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Tamrock beat me to first reply but let me just share my utmost support for this idea and thread.

I agree that this forum has a valid place for ebay discussion but it has gotten out of hand and the topic of discussion has become "lets share ebay stories", "help me with my listings", "help me with this bad seller/buyer", "look at what im selling".

I cant speak for all but I call the garage sales section "home" and I love to get on here to share my picks and swap knowledge. I dont come on here to discuss ebay. Please, lets make this distinction. Let's open an "ebay discussion" subsection.

Thanks,
-Ben

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I do believe the forum should be renamed to something like "Auction, Estate and Garage Sale Finds".

As for a subsection for ebay? I'm not sold on it. This forum can and has gotten dead dog slow in the past, at times. I think we can use all the threads we can get!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe the forum should be renamed to something like "Auction, Estate and Garage Sale Finds".

As for a subsection for ebay? I'm not sold on it. This forum can and has gotten dead dog slow in the past, at times. I think we can use all the threads we can get!
It has never been as dead as the dumpster diving forum yet it still exists. Something to think about.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

I believe the GS section is one of the most popular sections on Tnet. Seems slow at times, but compare it to some of the other sections on Tnet and it will really surprise you.

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
At its busiest it does not take 15-20 minutes a day to read all that is posted on this site why would there really be a reason to split it in two ? A real solution might be if you do not like some thing do not read it.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At its busiest it does not take 15-20 minutes a day to read all that is posted on this site why would there really be a reason to split it in two ? A real solution might be if you do not like some thing do not read it.
Uhh, because the name/title of this forum is "Garage Sale Finds" not "Ebay Sellers Discussions". It has nothing to do with liking or not liking anything. I think that has already been explained.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have taken your idea to other mods and admins.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

This attitude is one that seems to run rampant here on Tnet, sadly...

We are not suggesting that people eliminate discussion about ebay. It has become such a popular topic that the time has clearly come for it to have its own subforum. That way, everyone is happy.

It is called compromise.

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes.jpg

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I totally agree, but having it into two sub forums really won't change anything for the people who just click to see it all. So if some need to be able to click and only read about garage sales, or only read about ebay, knock yourself out.... but I just don't see what's the big deal is. A big deal either way, change it, keep it the same, really makes little difference.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Garage Sale Finds is already sub forum it can't have a sub forum, it would have to be a sub forum of treasure hunting...

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the idea of an ebay subforum. I would suggest perhaps including other selling venues (such as Craigslist) in the title. I support this concept for two reasons: 1) it will de-clutter the Garage Sale forum; and 2) it will make it easier to find previous discussions on both ebay and garage sale topics.

I also support Clovis's notion to include "Auctions" and "Estate Sales" in the title for this forum. There is certainly a lot of discussion about these buying venues here and it might help attract some additional readers/contributors who do a lot of auctions or estate sales but don't do any garage sale buying.

Just my $0.02, FWIW.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 941365

But "Dumpster Diving" is a sub forum under Garage Sales

Checking into it now, was told sub couldn't have sub.....

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. It should be an eBay tips questions and rant forum. But I still want to read about what does and doesn't sell well in the general GS forum as well as people's "bought at GS / TS for $X and sold on ebay for $Y" stories.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. It should be an eBay tips questions and rant forum. But I still want to read about what does and doesn't sell well in the general GS forum as well as people's "bought at GS / TS for $X and sold on ebay for $Y" stories.

Yeah that would work, but you might as well include garage sale tips and rants there too, and keep the main forum about the items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread