Gold refiners?

bubba4289

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Q: Do you work with the general public?
A: No. Our services are reserved for the commercial trade. We do not work with the general public.

Pretty sure most cant use ARA.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dealt with ARA before the laws changed, I think they will still accept your business. A lot of people also use Midwest Refineries.

For a long time, people said if mentioned you were a detectorist that ARA would still work with you. A phone call couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
I had dealt with ARA for yrs. As of last yr I could not as I don't have a business number. Sorry, GibH, I wish you were right, but you are mistaken. They were great people too.

T.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's only 20 grams maybe. But you really loose on eBay for scrap selling. With the fees.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a refiner in my city - I'm going to go there tomorrow and find out if I can sell to them.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
I have a refiner in my city - I'm going to go there tomorrow and find out if I can sell to them.

If you can do so without a business or tax number, let us know on here, please. Not to get into politics, but it was in the Obama care act, don't ask me why, that a tax number is needed to have a refiner melt down and pay out for gold. They are trying to trace PM sales pretty tightly now. Just look on ARA's website, I believe they tell you right up front, if you don't give them a business/tax number they can no longer refine your PM's.

T.

P.S. I just looked and this is right on their home page:

[h=3]Let's get started:[/h]If you are a new customer please print and complete the customer application. Also, be sure to include a copy of your Tax ID, EIN or TIN with your shipment as it is required.

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've always had good luck with Midwest Refineries in Waterford MI. I've sold a lot of gold there, and they are honest and give a 95% return.

bigdisco00

Jan 23, 2014
Miami
Detector(s) used
Garret gti 2500 with eagle eye. Diver detector soon to come!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking for a refiner for my ore. anyone know anybody?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had dealt with ARA for yrs. As of last yr I could not as I don't have a business number. Sorry, GibH, I wish you were right, but you are mistaken. They were great people too. T.

They have a 98% return. I have use them twice with no problems one was for $1300 the other one was for $450.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread