Wings of Glory Ronald Van Ruyckevelt Solid Bronze Statue (And Small Sterling)

ATPro4Life

Oct 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a friend to a family-run estate sale while on our garage sale trail. Walking through the house, me and my friend spotted a statue of an eagle. At first I thought it was brass, but upon closer inspection the bottom label read "Wings of Glory by Ronald Van Ruyckevelt. Solid bronze. Franklin Mint". At $20, you can't really go wrong with bronze and eagle in the same sentence, right? Anyhow upon further Ebay research this particular statue goes for about $60-$90. Not too shabby. Hopefully a price of $75 is fair enough. (A side note, just learned Franklin Mint is a really expensive brand of collectibles, so keep an eye out for it).

On a small note, found a small sterling silver box chain for 25 cents. Weighed in at 2.03 grams. After slapping some E-Z-Est cleaner on it I'm selling it on Ebay as jewelry. Not today refinery :laughing7:

Attachments

• P2160223.jpg
    P2160223.jpg
    858.6 KB · Views: 527
  • Silver Chain.jpg
    Silver Chain.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 252

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool statue! I might have just bought that piece for myself. $0.25 on the chain is great. I normally buy them at the TS for around $4 with a pendant attached. I'd add a pendant to it if you have one to increase value. I see a lot of sterling box chains going reallyyy low by themselves.

OP
OP
ATPro4Life

ATPro4Life

Oct 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool statue! I might have just bought that piece for myself. $0.25 on the chain is great. I normally buy them at the TS for around $4 with a pendant attached. I'd add a pendant to it if you have one to increase value. I see a lot of sterling box chains going reallyyy low by themselves.

I'm really considering that now. Should I find a pendant on Ebay or Craigslist to slap on it?

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really considering that now. Should I find a pendant on Ebay or Craigslist to slap on it?

My recommendation would be try to find one cheap at a yard sale/thrift store. eBay might be okay, never looked for single pendants before though. Wouldn't want to spend more than a few dollars on one. eBay is, however, good for sterling lots which are generally sold at/around spot which is generally pretty cheap for the amount of jewelry you can get. Just make sure to inspect the lot carefully and ask if the pieces are in good/wearable condition if not specified.

If you are just looking for a single pendant for that one chain though, I'd just wait until you run across one at a garage sale. Shouldn't be hard to find one for .25-$1 as long as you're looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread