tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was $3.00, I thought it was so cool. It has a mechanical Swiss watch movement and a small electrical alarm that is very loud and sounds like a giant hornet just outside your ear. You set the alarm by the bezel to the time by the red hand and pull the stem. I set it to go off at 5AM in the morning as I wanted to see the effect it would have at waking me up.. Let me tell ya!, it does the job. My wife awoke and said what in the ":censored:" is that? and shut it the ":censored:", O F F - N O O O O O O W W W :icon_scratch:.... She didn't at all think it was funny, Whoops!:dontknow:. I do know now it sure is effective.

Attachments

• alarm clock.jpg
    alarm clock.jpg
    654.7 KB · Views: 361
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would use the exact same photo if you elect to sell it on the bay. It is a great pic that makes a statement.
apush

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was $3.00, I thought it was so cool. It has a mechanical Swiss watch movement and a small electrical alarm that is very loud and sounds like a giant hornet just outside your ear. You set the alarm by the bezel to the time by the red hand and pull the stem. I set it to go off at 5AM in the morning as I wanted to see the effect it would have at waking me up.. Let me tell ya!, it does the job. My wife awoke and said what in the ":censored:" is that? and shut it the ":censored:", O F F - N O O O O O O W W W :icon_scratch:.... She didn't at all think it was funny, Whoops!:dontknow:. I do know now it sure is effective.

The item is worth what ever the market will bear. You bought it for 3 dollars so that day it was worth 3 dollars not $200 Keep the 3 dollar clock and be happy :)

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
The item is worth what ever the market will bear. You bought it for 3 dollars so that day it was worth 3 dollars not $200 Keep the 3 dollar clock and be happy :)

This is good advice...........................alas, I too find it hard to take or do myself.

T.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll probably sell it some time with the few other little clocks. I did find out this Nepro was an early maker of micro electronics in the 60's along with small time pieces. I didn't bother looking what they sold for as I was thinking it was in the 18 to 25 dollar range. I'd be happy with 50 bucks on it. Its a good example of what you can find in a thrift store, you just never know what you may come by.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes, an item is worth whatever the market will bear. However, the item is not worth $3. It was not sold on the open market. It was sold privately at $3, far below the "market value".

If he wanted to feel better about it then yes he could sleep easy knowing that he only has $3 tied up in it and if he ever needed some money, he could sell it and make a tidy profit.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That day it was worth $3 to the person that sold it and didn't have a clue as to the actual market value. To compare a garage sale price to market value is ludicrous.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions