Redfield peep sight.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Went to an estate sale where the hired people running it thought everything was made out of gold, stupid high prices. They wouldn't budge on anything. I saw this in the jewelry pins and misc display. He didn't know what it was and I acted the same way. Asked how much and he said Gimme a buck. Nice.

Attachments

• 20140221_140216.jpeg
    20140221_140216.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 1,247
  • 20140221_140235.jpeg
    20140221_140235.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 589

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to an estate sale where the hired people running it thought everything was made out of gold, stupid high prices. They wouldn't budge on anything. I saw this in the jewelry pins and misc display. He didn't know what it was and I acted the same way. Asked how much and he said Gimme a buck. Nice.

If you take apart the sight elevation indicator plate and pull out the sight bridge arm from the receiver mount block, you should find a mark stamped on the backside of the arm. That will tell you what brand of rifle it was made for. I ended up with about 25 of those once i bought out the estate of a retired gunsmith and only a few were actually tagged from what they came off. The rest were found out the hard way.

It will be something simple like an "O" or "M" Somewhere there is a chart online that will decode it for you.

That is a very clean looking sight and should fetch a tad more then $1 online, if you decide to sell it. If i recall from my searching, the later model sights had the flat top dial while the older ones were domed. When i say late model it could be somewhere in the 50's or 60's

Nice find!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
If you take apart the sight elevation indicator plate and pull out the sight bridge arm from the receiver mount block, you should find a mark stamped on the backside of the arm. That will tell you what brand of rifle it was made for. I ended up with about 25 of those once i bought out the estate of a retired gunsmith and only a few were actually tagged from what they came off. The rest were found out the hard way.

It will be something simple like an "O" or "M" Somewhere there is a chart online that will decode it for you.

That is a very clean looking sight and should fetch a tad more then $1 online, if you decide to sell it. If i recall from my searching, the later model sights had the flat top dial while the older ones were domed. When i say late model it could be somewhere in the 50's or 60's

Nice find!!!
Thanks, I got an "M" I guess that might be for Mauser. 20140221_195343.jpeg

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find, I'll give you double your money for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread