Any value on this old German made broach? Copper? Large pinkish stone w/smaller

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if this German made broach has any value? It is marked Germany so I know it's pre war but not sure exactly how old or if it has any real value. It seems to be made of copper as its turning green in a couple spots (top left just outside the inner rim), its a 3 dimensional intricate design (a Victorian or better yet Art Nouveau looking design IMO) with a large pink yet very translucent stone, there are 6 smaller, darker looking, yet quite possibly really the same color as the large stone but maybe just look darker cause they're smaller. Last it has 6 even smaller yet same color stones. It's marked Germany in a circle on the back (seen in pic #3 near the top left of the piece). Is this a 1920's-1930's piece or prior? I was unable to find a value the last time I looked online. BTW I removed this from a home made funky potato baby type doll I bought. Oh and I know it's really a pendant or necklace charm thingy but for some reason I find myself referring to it as a broach, I dunno why? Cause its large maybe?
DSC03229.JPG DSC03230.JPG DSC03231.JPG DSC03232.JPG DSC03233.JPG DSC03234.JPG

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are my thoughts... It obviously dates either before 1945 or after 1988 based on the mark. It appears to be stamped brass versus copper. It is very similar to the filigree sets produced right after the war so I would assume it dates to the late 30's or early 40's. I would think you could get $20-$30 for it if you put a cheap chain on it. Here is it's brother- Vintage BIG German Filigree Blue Rhinestone Bohemian Pin from crystazzle on Ruby Lane

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Dig regarding the probable age range. There isn't much marked "Germany" from before WW1, since much of what we now call Germany was called Prussia before WW1.

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are my thoughts... It obviously dates either before 1945 or after 1988 based on the mark. It appears to be stamped brass versus copper. It is very similar to the filigree sets produced right after the war so I would assume it dates to the late 30's or early 40's. I would think you could get $20-$30 for it if you put a cheap chain on it. Here is it's brother- Vintage BIG German Filigree Blue Rhinestone Bohemian Pin from crystazzle on Ruby Lane

Thanks for the link Digg! I was making an educated guess & thus thinking $20-$25 in value & it looks like I was pretty close. Again thanks for that link & reply!

I agree with Dig regarding the probable age range. There isn't much marked "Germany" from before WW1, since much of what we now call Germany was called Prussia before WW1.

Thanks! You guys seem to be dead on!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread