Nolan ryan rookie card!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a card I have always wanted and dreamed of finding at a yard sale. We went to a yard sale this morning and older gentleman and wife were pulling out boxes of stuff. I start looking through some baseball cards want to 70s 80s not really anything catching my eyes and the condition of them is pretty bad. They were left out in the garage in Florida so you get the humidity and whatever. He goes inside and says he has some more that were Better but he doesn't know if he wants to sell them. Well one of the cards was a Nolan Ryan rookie card the 1968 with Kaufman on it!! I asked how much, he didnt want to sell it. I offered him hundred dollars for the card but he wouldn't take it. Bummer!!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After he Wouldn't sell it I asked him if he knew what it was worth.. He said $120? And I told him similar ones in that condition were selling around $300 and higher. He was very happy!

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I had that card. He shared it with Jerry Koosman. Mine walked off at a gun show when I wasn't looking. There is a repo card out there also. I have all the rest of his cards since I'm in Texas. The guy that foolishly rushed him on the mound was Robin Ventura, about half his age. Ryan got him in a head lock and landed a bunch of blows. Ventura was ejected from the game but not Nolan! Later, Ryan was presented with two longhorn steers, named "Robin" and "Ventura".

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got one today. It's graded so that's even better. The other one I got with it's worth way more than Nolan Ryan. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438039382.542995.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438039402.321247.jpg

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where did you pick those?!? I have to ask, and you don't have to disclose, but what did you pay for the Kershaw?! I wish I had time to pick like you... I may start making the time..

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother-in-law's wife's father used to collect and he has boxes full of cards. He also used to send them off to get graded when he got good ones and believe me he has some good ones. He has a whole lot more that I'm going to go look at later on this week. Most of them that are graded are all autograph rookies also. Tim lincecum, Justin verlander, prince fielder, cal Ripken, a lot of the older ones, and a lot of the newer ones up to 2007. But I paid $350 for the Kershaw. 200 for Mr. Ryan. But I'm keeping Nolan Ryan I don't care. I wanted that card forever even though I don't collect anymore but that's going to go into the keeping box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread