diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found these today at an over priced estate sale. I guess they missed these! lol - $10 DSC06618.jpg DSC06619.jpg

Oh yeah it has the screw also.

DSC06580.jpg

Last edited:

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Wow. Indeed they did miss these. Damn great find. Should get at least $300. Was there anything else gun related?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were some other grips, but they were all unmarked and looked cheap. All $10 a set. a little ammo, nothing special. An old beat up canvas and leather rifle case, they wanted $60 for, lol. Most of the stuff there, I could have sat at home and bought off of ebay and had it delivered for less, seriously. It was an estate sale. I knew the guy that died and he wasn't a world traveler. He was a local picker who bought a lot of stuff all the time and had garage sales all the time. The listing is laughable how they describe him. Check it out- Estate of Joe Watts- A Collector's Paradise Starts On 3/20/2014 The pics don't show much, the place is loaded, almost hoarder staus. I bought the grips, a pair of salt and pepper shakers and 2 baseball caps. That was it. Spent $15.

Last edited:

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find at a fantastic price !

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
There were some other grips, but they were all unmarked and looked cheap. All $10 a set. a little ammo, nothing special. An old beat up canvas and leather rifle case, they wanted $60 for, lol. Most of the stuff there, I could have sat at home and bought off of ebay and had it delivered for less, seriously. It was an estate sale. I knew the guy that died and he wasn't a world traveler. He was a local picker who bought a lot of stuff all the time and had garage sales all the time. The listing is laughable how they describe him. Check it out- Estate of Joe Watts- A Collector's Paradise Starts On 3/20/2014 The pics don't show much, the place is loaded, almost hoarder staus. I bought the grips, a pair of salt and pepper shakers and 2 baseball caps. That was it. Spent $15.

Even some of the unmarked grips are decent money, but you scored big time. Did you know what they were and the price they get? I would have had trouble acting calm and clueless on them while slipping out a 10 spot.

bayou bandit

Feb 9, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax,Whites 3900/D Pro series, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and cen- tec pinpointer (doing it on the cheap)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a score. You did well... Really Well.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even some of the unmarked grips are decent money, but you scored big time. Did you know what they were and the price they get? I would have had trouble acting calm and clueless on them while slipping out a 10 spot.
I didn't know exactly how much they were worth. I figured maybe $100. I didn't know what model Colt they went to when I bought them. I probably should have taken a chance with the other grips too, may have been something good, there but i'm not a firearms expert so I just took the safe bet with the one pair.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! Hope your not kicking yourself about the other grips, that was probably the cherry.

Inkstainz

Jan 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You still had an awesome score and it may have produced some more great ones if you had purchased the others or it may not have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions