Help with gems/jewelry

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this ball of jewelry for $10 over the weekend. All of it is 14kt. Need some help identifying pendants. Emeralds? Sapphire? Pink Sapphire or Tourmaline? Tahitian Pearl? Blue Sapphire?

Spent about four hours yesterday untangling the chains and still not done yet.

ForumRunner_20140324_173920.png

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright the earth is blue enamel the green is emerald the purples amethysts the black is Onyx the white is diamond and then the shiny black is called Hemetite Or heminite or something along that line

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The globe might actually be blue lapis and mother of pearl more likely. Not enamel sorry. Sorry the other flower look black but I guess it is blue so that would make it sapphire.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The globe might actually be blue lapis and mother of pearl more likely. Not enamel sorry. Sorry the other flower look black but I guess it is blue so that would make it sapphire.

Lol. Last post until somebody else charms in but the black shiny might also be Black Pearls. If there really gritty on your teeth than their pearls.

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The globe is Michael Anthony. I looked up 14kt globe pendant on ebay. Worth $60-$125 without chain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know if the green was emerald because i'm used to seeing the lab created stuff which is usually dark green. The pearls are real for sure. Not sure if they are Tahitian or not. The middle flower is blue and not black. Don't know what the pink is.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rubies emeralds and sapphires in the stars. I'll guarantee they are real just from the picture. Not the best quality but still a score.

What has my eyes perked is the green stone up top. If not synthetic or over treated, that's likely a valuable piece you have there. The color, saturation and quality look excellent. Could be a few thousand per carat.The pearls are tough. There are a lot freshwater baroques going around.

Awesome lot for 10.00!!! Total score. It made my night just looking at it all.

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would you put as an estimated value for the whole lot? How do I determine the value of that emerald? Any way to figure out if the pearls are natural?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140324_223544.png
    ForumRunner_20140324_223544.png
    307 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't tell the weight from here. It all depends on quality of the stones. Tske it to a trusted jeweler. For speculation sake: If no stand out gems my top guess would be

200 on the stars.
125 and 150 on the emerald diamond pendants
142.00 on the emerald solitaire
130.00 on the three stone piece ( unless diamonds).
60 on the globe
50 each on the pearls
45-100 each on the chains

On the other hand - if you've got a high grade emerald, good pearls, and the 3 stone is diamonds --- totally different deal.

1emeraldlady

Jul 26, 2013
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just a thought...your stars maybe be a type of "mother's" jewelry. The emerald star could be for the mom (May birthstone) and the two smaller stars are for kids born in September (sapphire) and July for the ruby star. It looks like they are one joined piece (connected with the diamonds) or maybe it's just the pic...lol!! have fun!

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't tell the weight from here. It all depends on quality of the stones. Tske it to a trusted jeweler. For speculation sake: If no stand out gems my top guess would be

200 on the stars.
125 and 150 on the emerald diamond pendants
142.00 on the emerald solitaire
130.00 on the three stone piece ( unless diamonds).
60 on the globe
50 each on the pearls
45-100 each on the chains

On the other hand - if you've got a high grade emerald, good pearls, and the 3 stone is diamonds --- totally different deal.

That's my big problem. I don't have a trusted jeweler. I'm almost positive the three stone piece is diamond. If they are, I'm thinking $300? Can a jeweler tell if the pearls are good?

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought...your stars maybe be a type of "mother's" jewelry. The emerald star could be for the mom (May birthstone) and the two smaller stars are for kids born in September (sapphire) and July for the ruby star. It looks like they are one joined piece (connected with the diamonds) or maybe it's just the pic...lol!! have fun!

Thanks for the suggestion. The whole thing is one piece including the chain and stars are connected with diamonds. I did a sold listing search for 14kt emerald pendant and a bunch of this style pieces came up. I guess it's a classic style to pair the three types of gems together.

findingwaters

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Nice buys!
Nice buys indeed. As to the pearls, they can be valued by jewellers but sometimes it's a little difficult. There are lots of fators to take into consideration. You might want to try using this site called MESENSO as a reference and arm yourself with a bit of information.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link. I actually tried selling the two pearl necklaces first, both on 14kt gold chains. Started one at $139 and the other at $199 and didnt get any bites and not much traffic. Might need to take better pictures. Also might try starting at $99 auction. Everything else I really want to take to a jeweler to get checked out before I list them.

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: Took everything to a jeweler. Everything checks out and is genuine. Pearls are real Tahitian. Told me to list everything with a $99 starting price. Going to try to sell some of the chains seperately from each pendant if the pendants sells without it for over $100. Already sold the globe by itself for $100. Now I can try to sell the chain from it for another $100.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a fantastic $10 find. Happy to hear it is all confirmed real. Good luck on the sales!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread