So..what is that ONE item you wish you had back..

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks..just cruising down memory lane here..(a short, dead end road in my case), and I have seen a few things on e-bay or came across something that took me back to my childhood, or just something that I WISH I HAD NEVER PARTED WITH...like my Evel Knievel Sky Cycle that Mom sold for $1.00 at a yard sale when I was staying with friends for the weekend..(she informed me I was "too old" to play with it)..or my Speed Racer lunchbox...or my 1976 Trans Am (yes-black and gold..) I sold 20 years ago because I wanted something "newer" that didn't use so much gas. So my good peeps..dig deep and let us know about that one trinket, gadget or widget that got away somehow-whether mom sold it at a yard sale, or someone convinced you that you didn't need it anymore..or was just plain hard up for cold, hard cash.. and wish you had back. I thank you for your time and consideration! P.S...anybody have a black and gold Trans Am sitting around taking up valuable space... :) ddf

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
All my silver coins I sold to a scumbag coin shop guy when I was about 10 years old in 1976. My grandfather gave me a bunch of silver coins and I knew they were cool. I took a few to the scumbag in town to see what he had to say about them. He said bring them all in there not very special but I will give you money you can use in the stores instead of these coins that wont work for buying stuff. I think Ahole gave me face value from what I remember. And there were good coins silver dollars, halves etc. And not just a few it was almost a cigar box full.

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O my...yea son, let me do you a huge favor and get you some "fresh" money to spend..that grungy, old, outdated stuff has to go!! Karma NJ Marty, karma...what goes around comes around...he will get his..sorry to hear that, but thanks for sharing! ddf

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A MARX Guns of Navarone Playset. It was the last gift my father gave me before he passed.

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first car, 1965 Mustang coupe, 289 w auto trans, that thing would run, a 1972 Triumph Trident, was the hottest bike in town at that time, my list could go on and on, oh was I young and DUMB back then.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 68 Mustang GT Fastback. 302 / 4 speed. Red with white C stripes, black interior. Or the 47 Indian Chief {completely disassembled} bought for $50 in 1975, sold for $100 in 1976.

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 1967 class ring that I cashed in to buy a present for a woman who is no longer my spouse.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
should have kept my 61 corvette

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two things for me... My 1808 Bust Half my favorite Uncle Bill gave me when I was a kid, and Ted Williams autograph I got when I went to his Baseball camp in 1985. Both of these were stolen when my moms house got robbed after I left for college. To this day I am convinced that little bro's dirtbag friends were had something to do w/ it... I have since replaced the half... and I to this day avoid autographs.. I had the best, no need to start ANOTHER collection!

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have that much I wish I had back. But you might appreciate this story. Maybe 6 or 7 years ago Evil Knievel checked into the hotel I was working at in NC. He called down to the front desk and ordered room service. The girl who answered said this can't be Evil Knievel he is dead. He laughed and said not yet. But not many times you see the name Evil pop up on the screen at the phone. She was probably about 20 years old at the time. She said she was embarrassed. His entire crew and all his family checked in. His son was doing a show in Raleigh. Some real biker dudes. Crew spent most of a couple days drinking at the bar and very friendly to everyone. All I could think about was that I had this Evil Knieval vinyl scramble van from my childhood I would like him to sign. Just for myself. I got it out to bring to work but then that night it was on the news that he had terminal cancer. I lost what nerve I had to ask. However he was really friendly and kind to everyone for that week. He was a real nice guy. Many celebrities disappointed.

Last edited:

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
My first car a 1980 VW Rabbit. You rarely see Rabbits anymore. I see maybe one ore two a year here in NJ.

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
An allen compound bow stolen at a party I had at my first house after leaving home. That and a VW camper I have always regretted selling to my brother.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This will be a little different. I wish 40 years ago the old the Italian Wise Guys in the neighborhood NEVER taught me how to gamble!!!!

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, drewbaccas...it is kind of depressing..but at least today we have the resources (ebay, craigslist, google) to try to find or locate some of these things if we got the itch..and I thank everybody for their heartfelt contributions, made for interesting content. So now I'm off to the garage sales for some retail therapy. ddf

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My '67 SS RS Camaro......looking back, I am lucky to still be here. That was way too much car for a 16 year old kid that thought he knew everything.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've lost (and sold) a lot of material things in life. About the only things I truly miss are all the photos of my childhood (and young adult) friends. Anything else can be replaced, those were irreplaceable. Lost in a fire about 25 years ago. At least I have the memories.

reapp

Nov 1, 2005
1967 GTO with 400 and standard shift. Whoa...that thing could go. Paid $450, and sold for $1,500. I thought I was king:BangHead:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread