Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our local rec center had there annual indoor yard sale yesterday . The last 3 years I rented a table , this year I didn't . It opens to the public at 9am - I showed up at 7 am. I went to the back door where all the vendors were unloading their cars & trucks .I started helping familiar faces carry boxes of stuff in . Then I started walking around buying stuff , I only had 10 dollars in my pocket .

old blow torch $5
vornado fan $2
shotgun shell clip $1
K&E tape measure w/built in level 25 cents
City Of New York time switch $1
socket extension 50 cents

When I left at 8:30 there was a line of hundreds of people at the front door waiting to get in :tongue3:

Attachments

• blow torch 002.jpg
    blow torch 002.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 161

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
I would bet the vendors wished more people had showen up to help them unload.A smart man will use his knowledge to get ahead of every body else.you done good.

Inkstainz

Jan 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah don't feel guilty, except that you didn't bring more money

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Something tells me that fan won't be for sale and is getting a fresh coat in it's future?

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the blowtorch but that is a sweet haul for under $9

Our local rec center had there annual indoor yard sale yesterday . The last 3 years I rented a table , this year I didn't . It opens to the public at 9am - I showed up at 7 am. I went to the back door where all the vendors were unloading their cars & trucks .I started helping familiar faces carry boxes of stuff in . Then I started walking around buying stuff , I only had 10 dollars in my pocket .

old blow torch $5
vornado fan $2
shotgun shell clip $1
K&E tape measure w/built in level 25 cents
City Of New York time switch $1
socket extension 50 cents

When I left at 8:30 there was a line of hundreds of people at the front door waiting to get in :tongue3:

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Something tells me that fan won't be for sale and is getting a fresh coat in it's future?
Yes , This was the first sale I've been to since last October - I've been fighting withdrawal symptoms - and to start the season off with a Vornado ! .......... it runs great - I've all ready started taking it apart , choosing paint . It's been a long winter , the mud season is finally here in Maine & here come the yard sales !!!!!!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You used an advantage that others don't have. That's the way the game is played. Bad for them, good for you! No guilt necessary.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes , This was the first sale I've been to since last October - I've been fighting withdrawal symptoms - and to start the season off with a Vornado ! .......... it runs great - I've all ready started taking it apart , choosing paint . It's been a long winter , the mud season is finally here in Maine & here come the yard sales !!!!!!!

Mud season has started, I just hope we don't have more really cold temps coming. Where in maine are you?

sent from a potato...

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobleboro

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember now. You have a Ranger pickup right?
Yes , a gray one with a gray cap . I have a bumper sticker on the back - OBAMACARE.....CALL WHEN YOU ARE SHOVEL READY .

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes , a gray one with a gray cap . I have a bumper sticker on the back - OBAMACARE.....CALL WHEN YOU ARE SHOVEL READY .

Lol! I drive until the end of the month a blue Dodge ram 2500 4x4 diesel with a black hood.

sent from a potato...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread