Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked a few pieces today and of course I know absolutely nothing about it. The dish is 10 1/2" and the bowl measures 6 7/8" outside diameter. The plate is not marked. I know the cups are called Tom & Jerry cups, but no idea on value. The saucers are sea mist and those I know are more modern. I only took a pic of the top and bottom of two taped together, I got 4 of them total. I paid $12 for everything.

Attachments

• IMG_5244.jpg
    IMG_5244.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_5245.jpg
    IMG_5245.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_5247.jpg
    IMG_5247.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5252.jpg
    IMG_5252.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here more pics:

Attachments

• IMG_5258.jpg
    IMG_5258.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_5257.jpg
    IMG_5257.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5255.jpg
    IMG_5255.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_5254.jpg
    IMG_5254.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 119

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I'm no expert, but there are a few around here. From my understanding Capital F in Fiesta is original. Small f in fiesta is newer. that would make the cups and saucers older and the one bowl upside down in the first set newer.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure that's backwards. Small "f" is vintage, and capital "F" is newer. I'm just looking for some insight as to values, colors and what not.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I found the plate and bowl are evergreen, so that puts them between 2007-09. The saucers are sea mist, which is a retired color as well. The date code puts them at the fourth quarter of 1994. One cup is pearl gray, so 1999-2001.

edit - Aw crap, I guess the bowl and plate can't be evergreen if they are vintage.

Last edited:

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried to sell some and it was one of the most annoying things I have sold. The only benefit I had was most of them seemed to be repeat customers. I had a thread here somewhere. Basically if you want your money out of it you have to sell every piece separately. Fiesta did make some unmarked plates. However those plates are in the minority compared to the number of knockoff plates with no markings. If I see a plate with no marking I would leave it because it probably is a knockoff. However things like salt and peppers with no markings are the norm. The green sells well the blue does not sell so well. I think generally speaking that colonial blue color is out of style at the moment for everything. Also the stuff is heavy to ship. Since I bought basically a full set for $40 I have passed on another full set for $50 because it wasn't worth the effort. And the $50 set would have been about two heavy boxes full. Generally speaking if you just type in Fiestaware and click highest priced you will see some astonishing numbers. But it was in production for so long the ebay competition is pretty fierce for the more common pieces. Hopefully you will have better luck than I did. I should say I sell a lot of glass and china but this wasn't for me. Actually after some research the only thing I would buy would be the chip and dip, salt and pepper, pitcher, vase, butter dish. Anything outside the norm is a safe bet. For $12 though you are going to learn a lot.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I passed on a 20 piece set of cobalt blue for $50 and another set of 20 yellow for $30. The yellow set had a lot of utensil marks. There was a butter dish there as well, but passed on it because of a chip.

The plate I would sell with the bowl. The colors are an exact match which is why I don't think it is a knock off.

Last edited:

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I have done fairly well with Fiesta coffee and tea pots and water pitchers. I have not done well with plates and platters. I currently have a light green sugar and creamer set with tray that should be worth about $30. My understanding is the lower case "f" is the older stuff. I stay away from anything with upper case "F", especially if it printed on and not etched into the ceramic.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I managed to get $10 for a single, uppercase F fiesta plate that I found in a free box at a yard sale. I think that's on the hight end for single fiesta items.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I was back at the same place and picked up 3 more mugs. They gotta be woth at least $.59 each. Hard to see the fiesta marks on the blue in picture.

Attachments

• IMG_5272s.jpg
    IMG_5272s.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5276s.jpg
    IMG_5276s.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5281s.jpg
    IMG_5281s.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5282s.jpg
    IMG_5282s.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it figured out. All pieces are post '86. The color I was having trouble with is juniper. That isn't a lower case f on the plate, it's just cut off. Under $14 for a much needed education on Fiestaware. They are all retired colors, so even though it might take a while, I should be able to make a nice profit. Or sell it to the guy across the street with a booth at the antique mall and get my money back quick. :)

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I could have helped on the Fiesta, but it looks like you've figured it out.

Upper case 'F' in Fiesta is all Post-86 stuff.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Evergreen Fiesta is a real dog. It sold so poorly that HLC quit making Evergreen in a very short time, and started dumping it to dealers on the wholesale market.

Anyone want to buy 150 new 10 inch dinner plates and about 80 presentation bowls in evergreen? All are new. Never used. Collecting dust in my warehouse area. Also for sale is some ocean front building lots in Indiana. Please send cash only.

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I passed on a 20 piece set of cobalt blue for $50 and another set of 20 yellow for $30. The yellow set had a lot of utensil marks. There was a butter dish there as well, but passed on it because of a chip.

The plate I would sell with the bowl. The colors are an exact match which is why I don't think it is a knock off.

I sort of casually collect both vintage and modern Fiesta (as well as other food service china) and utensil marks can sometimes be removed with baking soda.

Sometimes not.

I'm kicking myself for not buying a huge, multi-colored set at a yard sale. Could have sold or donated the colors I didn't like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread