tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by a Flea Market just before closing on my way home and found this jar full of junk all for $7.50. Seeing that vintage Mickey Mouse wristwatch in it was all I needed to pop on it. The bulk was crap that I gave to my daughter as her and her friends are big time geocaching fanatics. The jar did yield some other treasures such as a Cross 1/20 12K mech. pencil, 4ea. 1/10 10K pins, A tiny 0.4 gram "49" 10K solid gold pin w/chain, A vintage silver plate baby spoon, A vintage green John Deer mech. pencil, A 1972 ALLIS-CHALMARS Zippo. And last this vintage 1930's Mickey Mouse wristwatch. It's not working and the band is missing parts, but I'm sure it will sell for a bit more then the whole price of this jar full of what was deemed as a bunch a crap. The guy at the counter laughed when he read the description "Jar-O-Shiny" I on the other hand was very tickled with finding this wonderful "Jar-O-Shiny"

Attachments

• jar 1.jpg
    jar 1.jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 121
  • jar 2.jpg
    jar 2.jpg
    858 KB · Views: 164
  • jar 3.jpg
    jar 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 211

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Mickey watch should be a huge score. Heck, the .4 gram gold almost covers the purchase price. I'd love to find a watch like that. My wife loved all things Disney.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Mickey watch should be a huge score. Heck, the .4 gram gold almost covers the purchase price. I'd love to find a watch like that. My wife loved all things Disney.
I know, I couldn't believe it when I came across it. I knew it was a very old Mickey watch the second I spotted it. I was looking over what the best condition ones sell for on this site last night. Sale List

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow -- that mouse is serious money. Incredible score, considering the outrageous prices flea markets default to on vintage Disney.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
That Allis Zippo could bring some serious change.

When you list it, list it in both Zippos and Allis Chalmers, and run an auction.

Make sure you take pics of the bottom of the Zippo. Those funny marks/dots/lines show the date it was made, which you can find easily on the internet.

If the striker wheel spins freely and has a flint in it, add some lighter fluid to the bottom, and show a pic of it lit. YouTube is your friend if you need instructions.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Allis Zippo could bring some serious change.

When you list it, list it in both Zippos and Allis Chalmers, and run an auction.

Make sure you take pics of the bottom of the Zippo. Those funny marks/dots/lines show the date it was made, which you can find easily on the internet.

If the striker wheel spins freely and has a flint in it, add some lighter fluid to the bottom, and show a pic of it lit. YouTube is your friend if you need instructions.

It should do ok, but I wouldn't expect a windfall on it. I would say maybe $10-15 tops in that condition.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to say on the Zippo. I've sold a few over time. It doesn't have flint. I did live pre-bic disposable lighter era. It was a Zippo that lite up my Lucky Strikes. I'd pull it out my pocket by the lid and fling it open and lite my smoke and snap it shut as it went back in my pocket. It was a way to be cool with that sound effect. Dang glad I gave up that nasty habit. I don't put fluid in the lighters as that would make it potentially hazard to ship. I got $90.00 out of a International Harvester Zippo once. It still had the black & red paint in the logo. This AC Zippo is a 1972 vintage and it will be listed both under Zippo and Tractor stuff.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
It should do ok, but I wouldn't expect a windfall on it. I would say maybe $10-15 tops in that condition.

I don't follow the Zippo market, and maybe I'm wrong. I'd give $15 for it in a heartbeat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread