TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep an eye out for these..

Blue Fairy book... gets $50 + on the bay, found one for 4.99 at GW... HH :)

blue.JPG

Last edited:

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing. I love when members share things to keep an eye out for. Even better when you find that item a couple weeks later.

-HH

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe we can continue the thread here and post weird things we find that are identified and researched for other members to share?

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm actually thinking about building a database of finds for the members of the forum.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
maybe we can continue the thread here and post weird things we find that are identified and researched for other members to share?
When I first found treasurenet, I started reading this forum from the beginning (the first posts were back in like 2005 or something). Somewhere along the way I came across a "What To Look For" thread. That thread was very popular and grew to many pages long before slipping into obscurity. I will try to locate it when I have more time and link to it here.

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
When I first found treasurenet, I started reading this forum from the beginning (the first posts were back in like 2005 or something). Somewhere along the way I came across a "What To Look For" thread. That thread was very popular and grew to many pages long before slipping into obscurity. I will try to locate it when I have more time and link to it here.

Please do, if you have the time. Two items that I learned about from that thread was about Polaroid film, which I have found twice now at thrift stores, and used baseballs/softballs. Just sold three lots that I accumulated over the winter at thrift stores, when they had the right price.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/306121-items-keep-look-out.html

Trying to put it all into one thread just isn't going to work. Honestly, the best way to learn is just to keep reading the forum and see what people pick up. I will add something that has done very well for me the past few weeks: ink cartridges. I've found quite a few for $1-2 and sold them for at least $15 each. Some of them even had a 2007 date on them.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Did a quick search through the forum and came up with a few threads on this subject. Here is the one I was thinking about:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/214419-things-i-hunt-garage-sales-thrift-stores.html

Here are two other similar threads:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/287359-what-do-you-personally-look-thrift-stores-garage-sales.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/220327-what-have-been-your-biggest-ebay-surprises.html

I know there have been several other similar threads started that didn't get as much attention as the three above. I have started one or two myself. I'm not sure a "master" list is feasible because there seems to be an endless array of items that have value. Add to that the ever-changing list of what's hot and what's not and the task becomes daunting at best.

I am all for hearing about items that have value because one can never have enough knowledge but then no one will ever know everything. Having a "eye" for quality, condition, and value may be even more important than depth and breadth of knowledge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, maybe a mod can make it a sub forum like the ebay one? just to help us all out, obviously we are a tight knit sort of family here... I do not think we will be hurting each other in anyway, actually the opposite, I think with the rise in thrifting we can actually help each other... especially those that have been doing this for a while..

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, maybe a mod can make it a sub forum like the ebay one? just to help us all out, obviously we are a tight knit sort of family here... I do not think we will be hurting each other in anyway, actually the opposite, I think with the rise in thrifting we can actually help each other... especially those that have been doing this for a while..

Or even a "sticky page".

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It already is a forum. Garage sale finds. It is a continuing flow of information, not a list or cheat sheet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread