I love this hobby!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a nail in my tire and it was leaking and had to stop and get It fixed at tire Kingdom. That took about 40 minutes out of my day. Figured that there would not be much left by 10:00. But maybe pick up something. A 14k necklace with pearls and diamonds for $1. 8.9 grams.

image-1666543445.jpg

image-735699945.jpg

Later some video games for $1 each. And some coins at the sale place. They were $10 but I overpaid for them.

image-2438067281.jpg

Next couple stops was Nothing. but did pick up later on about 25 pounds of copper wire. Last stop I went to the lady had alot of antiques and they were all overpriced. I agreed to a box of flatware for $35 that said on it at the time plated flatware. But the tarnish proof on the back kind of caught my eye.

image-773216842.jpg

A lot of stuff from Norway is in here and there was also some marks that I knew instantly what it was. 830 silver!

image-3686157048.jpg

image-2957435936.jpg

There is about 240 grams of 830. Then there is 250g of sterling.

image-2270953031.jpg

On top of that is this thing I'm not sure of.

image-3989564317.jpg

The only mark says. SO. Then this mark. Looks to be 13 1/3L? I'm Pretty sure it is Sterling also.

image-3989564317.jpg

image-11725154.jpg

This is on the spoons. But it smells like sterling. And tests like sterling. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you post a better picture of that stamp, I dont think its sterling, but I could be wrong.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spoon may not be sterling (.925), but I would bet it is .800 or .830

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spoon may not be sterling (.925), but I would bet it is .800 or .830

Ya,
I googled the marks now as I finally had some time. Everything in the box was marked either 830, the 13 1/3L which is 13 loth~or 800 basically , he rest was plated. Either way a score for $35!

I have a friend that just moved down here and I've been taking him out with me to go look for stuff at yard sales. My daughter fell asleep in the car and he got out and looked at this yard sale first. He came back and I went out and looked next. It was hard to not get so excited about it! As I Was walking a way some other guy wanted me to stop so he can look inside the case as well. I acted like I did not hear him and kept on walking to my car and drove away. I can share with the guy I have with me but I'm not interested in showing anything to somebody else who's in the same game I am!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well done! I stopped at only one sale this weekend and didn't buy anything. The weather is just now starting to turn nice here so the sales should start happening every weekend now. I am sure glad spring is here!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! I stopped at only one sale this weekend and didn't buy anything. The weather is just now starting to turn nice here so the sales should start happening every weekend now. I am sure glad spring is here!

I bet. I used to live in erie pa. Couldn't wait for the snow to go! Going skiing and sledding never happened when there were bills to pay so the cold got old fast! Can't wait to see everyone's great finds!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That necklace is great !! :notworthy: Tarnish is not proof, plate tarnishes too. :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Last edited:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya,
I googled the marks now as I finally had some time. Everything in the box was marked either 830, the 13 1/3L which is 13 loth~or 800 basically , he rest was plated. Either way a score for $35!

I have a friend that just moved down here and I've been taking him out with me to go look for stuff at yard sales. My daughter fell asleep in the car and he got out and looked at this yard sale first. He came back and I went out and looked next. It was hard to not get so excited about it! As I Was walking a way some other guy wanted me to stop so he can look inside the case as well. I acted like I did not hear him and kept on walking to my car and drove away. I can share with the guy I have with me but I'm not interested in showing anything to somebody else who's in the same game I am!
Key move by not showing him! I bought some jewelry(10k) one time and a lady asked to look at it, I declined and she yelled out "that is real gold" making an awkward situation! Great finds! I always enjoy your posts! Good luck!...Scott.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey once it's paid for deals done...

sent from a potato...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread