Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks member "Treasurehunters". Guys you can either join or not. If you do not care to join that is your business. We are not turning this thread into some Facebook conspiracy. The original posters came here with the best of intentions. If you continue to hi-jack his thread with rants you will loose posting privileges here @ t-net.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Facebook i really do not do face book at all .. I do not under stand why ones give so much info about them selfs on face book ……. It seems like no one likes there privacy now a days …. I guess it is all about ego and bragging …
I am with you there. I do not do facebook at all. I only have an account so i can see what my daughter is doing in school. It is bacically for kids and companies to push their products.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info and the opportunity.

From my brief time on Facebook, I'd have to say that many of the people there, too many, stretch the truth about their lives of who they are, how much they have, and how happy they want people to believe they are to the point I'd like to see a "Sister Site" be added called: "Fakebook"

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I joined a facebook page that I learned about here on Treasurenet. It is about collecting antique marbles. On that page, we post pictures of marbles we like, our recent finds, ask for identification, and talk about the hobby in general. It's a good site and I'm glad I found out about it. It doesn't stop me from visiting this site. It doesn't give the whole world my social security number and bank account. I didn't get overwhelmed with junk mail. I have gained knowledge and made a few acquaintances in the process. My friends and family don't try to make others think they are more than they really are. It's not some websites fault if yours do.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with you there. I do not do facebook at all. I only have an account so i can see what my daughter is doing in school. It is bacically for kids and companies to push their products.

Facebook may be currently*facing question marks*over how well it’s faring with younger users, but among those over 18 in the U.S. it remains the social network king. According to*figures*out today from the researchers at the Pew Research Center, the percentage of adults using the social networks of Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram to communicate with each other is now at 73%, and Facebook — the world’s largest social network with*1.19 billion users*— remains the most popular in the U.S., with 71% of U.S. adults using it.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/12/30/pew-social-networking/

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not mean you tube i meant Facebook i really do not do face book at all .. I do not under stand why ones give so much info about them selfs on face book ……. It seems like no one likes there privacy now a days …. I guess it is all about ego and bragging … But let our government start looking at our private lives and then they all go nuts … But face book you all will tell the whole world.. What a joke..

You do know there are Facebook garage sale pages right? I belong to 5 local garage sale groups & my sales of random crap can be quite good in my city. It's in cash & in person & the money is ALL yours no one else gets a cut! Items for 18-30 year old females sell really good unless its over priced. Stuff that would be a waste to sell & ship such as newer blenders, larger but cheap mixers, toasters, toaster ovens & so on + a lot of kitchen ware items sell real easy & for a good price (more than you would get at a garage sale & its stuff that's almost impossible to sell for any profit on eBay)! Also furniture does very well too! Facebook has some serious security features & you can make yourself invisible to the world if you so want. I don't post much personal info on there but I sure do use it for the collector groups! Especially the glass collectors groups as they can identify real hard to identify pieces of glass & usually pretty darn fast like in a couple minutes! I belong to these groups.. Depression Glass, Venetian glass, EAPG (early American pattern (or pressed) glass society), Victorian glass, Vintage glass, Vaseline glass & a few more. The Depression Glass group is a buy sell trade group & without any Fee's other than PayPal fees. I have also sold a lot of light fixtures on Facebook, nothing high dollar just cheaper newer stuff & I get darn decent money for them (deff more than you would get on eBay if they would even sell on eBay)!

TreasureHunters.......I get all the information I need from TNet. Why should I move to Facebook? What's your motivation for wanting others to move?

Move??? Why would someone have to move? I have done both for years now see my reply just above this one!

Nope but then again youre not running this site and have no way of getting my IP address from it unless I send you an emailto your email address.Join farce book and the people who run it will know your real name and address regardless of what name you use to join with.And once you start contributing all your info to farcebook it will be stolen and sold by farcebook.

The NSA & many other groups have all of your INFO & they are already selling it! Facial recognition & sensors are the future & right around the corner so your INFO will soon be used like it never has before unless you don't leave your house in the future! Mark Cuban has deep ties in this sensor industry & the man knows what's up I promise ya! If you carry a cell phone you are being tracked already!

See my first reply at the top of this reply!

I joined a facebook page that I learned about here on Treasurenet. It is about collecting antique marbles. On that page, we post pictures of marbles we like, our recent finds, ask for identification, and talk about the hobby in general. It's a good site and I'm glad I found out about it. It doesn't stop me from visiting this site. It doesn't give the whole world my social security number and bank account. I didn't get overwhelmed with junk mail. I have gained knowledge and made a few acquaintances in the process. My friends and family don't try to make others think they are more than they really are. It's not some websites fault if yours do.

Well said but you know what they say? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them understand how to use & benefit from facebook! Everyone on here must think eBay & PayPal doesn't sell your INFO or something dumb like that? Ha how funny & naive! And everyone on here uses BOTH those sites so wth? Hell at least Facebook is free & you can buy & sell on there for free too & learn stuff you can't learn here I promise ya! I learn stuff here on TNET for sure but no where near as much as I learn on the Facebook groups that I belong to that each have serious collectors that collect specific items & you can learn more stuff from these people than you can ANYWHERE else! Their better than an expert PHD in their fields of collecting & I am not kidding! Glass, Cast Iron, wood, toys, vintage electronics or you name it & there is a most likely a collectors group for it on Facebook with people (if not several people) who know more about this stuff than you would ever believe, people who have been collecting for sometimes 60-70 or even 80 years. People who have & have read more books on these subjects in their time than most will ever even just glance at in their lifetime! Sure there are a few on here who know a whole lot about a specific thing or a few things but every category does not have an expert on TNET where as every group on facebook has way more than 1 expert on it I promise ya! I love TNET but I would not survive without the Facebook thing be it learning or selling on there! I don't however use it much for connecting with friends!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See my first reply at the top of this reply!
Inspector, I did read your reply and my jaw dropped. Actual adult conversations and topics? I am converted. After I finish fixing my home computer (at work now) I will look into those garage sale groups and the expert groups too.

now do you have a gadget that will reformat a hard drive without losing all my data files and spreadsheets?

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inspector, I did read your reply and my jaw dropped. Actual adult conversations and topics? I am converted. After I finish fixing my home computer (at work now) I will look into those garage sale groups and the expert groups too.

now do you have a gadget that will reformat a hard drive without losing all my data files and spreadsheets?

I'm not trying to convert ya nor convince ya! I was just telling people what they were missing! A lot of people on here hate yet still use eBay & complain about there being no alternatives when in reality there are alternatives & free alternatives at that tho if you deal cross country you still can't escape evil PayPal. There is no better place for moving garage sale type items for OK money than you will find on Facebook. I just so happen to have a lot of that type of stuff because of the way we buy at a local auction.

And yes I have such a device that you ask about... It's called an external hard drive & anything that important to ya should be backed up on it regardless of if ya reformat your HD or not! Go with a solid state drive (SSD), it will never ever break as it has no moving parts!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'It's called an external hard drive & anything that important to ya should be backed up on it regardless of if ya reformat your HD or not! Go with a solid state drive (SSD), it will never ever break as it has no moving parts!

I have a 1 gig that I was planing on using this weekend. I have some old backups on it. haven't backed up in 2-3 weeks (got at a yardsale for $1) I just need to make sure I get all my emails.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread