Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no idea what you mean .. Or what that web site you put up meant ??? .. I see it is on you tube i do not do you tube … I mean i do not do face book.. My business is my business and no one else's…...

Last edited:
OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea what you mean .. Or what that web site you put up meant ??? .. I see it is on you tube i do not do you tube … My business is my business and no one else's…...
not yutube...please click the FACE BOOK link and join, its for us by us

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what, you have to join before you can see any posts on there I guess? I kind of hate facebook myself.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I joined but now I have a question. The Louis Vuitton pocketbook pictured on there is the exact same one that was posted on here and identified as being a counterfeit by people in the know. Yet on the facebook page it is being represented as genuine ? Kinda shady if you ask me and starts the group off on a bad foot. What would be much more helpful would have been to show the pics and point out what to look for to spot a fake so others don't make the same mistake. I'm along for the ride for the time being. It's a cool idea for a group.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined but now I have a question. The Louis Vuitton pocketbook pictured on there is the exact same one that was posted on here and identified as being a counterfeit by people in the know. Yet on the facebook page it is being represented as genuine ? Kinda shady if you ask me and starts the group off on a bad foot. What would be much more helpful would have been to show the pics and point out what to look for to spot a fake so others don't make the same mistake. I'm along for the ride for the time being. It's a cool idea for a group.
That's because it is genuine. Those "people in the know" on here who said it was fake, were jumping the gun. I thought it looked good from the get go and stated as much.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
That's because it is genuine. Those "people in the know" on here who said it was fake, were jumping the gun. I thought it looked good from the get go and stated as much.
Excellent. Great score then. Maybe a short lesson on how to tell the difference would be useful to the new group. I do think it's a great idea. I signed up, that pocketbook was at the top of the page, and I recognized it from here and never saw a followup showing why it's genuine. No harm done.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I don't get it. If the fakes are so good they are hard to spot, how can someone tell by one picture? I've seen the same thing happen with coins and jewelry.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would be the harm?

Maybe the damage is already done with all the TV shows, so it doesn't matter. However Facebook, YouTube, Reddit, etc have a massive reach.

The Reddit CRH and YouTube Videos attracted a ton of people which seriously diluted the hobby.

Also, I like tnet, it's users, and the content and think the users/content should remain here. Would people post here and on Facebook?

Also, in general, I do not like Facebook.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
not yutube...please click the FACE BOOK link and join, its for us by us
I did not mean you tube i meant Facebook i really do not do face book at all .. I do not under stand why ones give so much info about them selfs on face book ……. It seems like no one likes there privacy now a days …. I guess it is all about ego and bragging … But let our government start looking at our private lives and then they all go nuts … But face book you all will tell the whole world.. What a joke..

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I did not mean you tube i meant Facebook i really do not do face book at all .. I do not under stand why ones give so much info about them selfs on face book ……. It seems like no one likes there privacy now a days …. I guess it is all about ego and bragging … But let our government start looking at our private lives and then they all go nuts … But face book you all will tell the whole world.. What a joke..

You do know that there are settings that people use on Facebook so that only the folks you select can see what you put there? It's not there for the whole world to see. It's a nice way for families who are spread out and friends who like to keep in touch to do so. I don't know where ego and bragging comes in with that. It's nice to see uncle so-and-so and his family having fun at a picnic in the park, and I can see how much the nephew has grown and keep in touch when normally we would only see them once every few years.

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way,they have your IP address,put down what you want,they still have your real name and address.:laughing9:see my first post.:laughing7:
Unfortunately thats how the whole internet is.. Im guessing your name is James from Massachusetts and you use a Garret Master Hunter Cx Plus?

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureHunters.......I get all the information I need from TNet. Why should I move to Facebook? What's your motivation for wanting others to move?

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureHunters.......I get all the information I need from TNet. Why should I move to Facebook? What's your motivation for wanting others to move?

I didnt say move, just showing others theres a new group on FB to maybe get more info, we never stop learning..if all you want is found here thats great, I was just sharing the group is all.. HH

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnt say move, just showing others theres a new group on FB to maybe get more info, we never stop learning..if all you want is found here thats great, I was just sharing the group is all.. HH

OK, that is fair. I will never use but others may.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Im guessing your name is James

Nope but then again youre not running this site and have no way of getting my IP address from it unless I send you an emailto your email address.Join farce book and the people who run it will know your real name and address regardless of what name you use to join with.And once you start contributing all your info to farcebook it will be stolen and sold by farcebook.

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope but then again youre not running this site and have no way of getting my IP address from it unless I send you an emailto your email address.Join farce book and the people who run it will know your real name and address regardless of what name you use to join with.And once you start contributing all your info to farcebook it will be stolen and sold by farcebook.

I get your point but if you cannot beat them join them... its not like you will be giving up any info you do not volunteer, Jimmy, ps thanks for quoting the one I was wrong on but not the others and if I really wanted to get your IP I can, not even proxys are safe.. GLP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread