Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1481426 View attachment 1481426

Well, I'll see if this works. A couple years ago we cleaned out my husband's grandparents house, they had passed a while ago and his old maid Aunt had lived there her whole life........this was found buried in a room. Our son found it and we figured we'd see if it would sell. Imagine our surprise when it went for over $600 on eBay. Made it worth spending 3 weekends of our fall cleaning it out!!!
Welcome to Treasurenet! Thank you contributing to this post. That's a nice old box. Looks like the large one too.

trainmom

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet! Thank you contributing to this post. That's a nice old box. Looks like the large one too.

Thank you! After doing some research on it, it held individual candy bars, no candy in it (ick) just an empty box, front & bottom of it, but for the age it was in very good condition!!! Was only about 8x11!!! Another one had went at a sports auction site for over $700 a couple years before we found this one!!!!

What Me Worry?

Jun 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats amazing! I love baseball memorabilia. That would've been hard for me to let go. lol Welcome to the boards! I'm new here as well.

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
10K solid gold charm necklace: paid $0.50 and sold for $92
Murano glass ash tray: paid $0.10 and sold for $30
Easton Press books: paid $0.10 each and sold for $30-$40 each
Tavern puzzle: paid $1 and sold for $5
modern skull ceramic cookie jar:paid $1 and sold for $12
Shakespeare fishing pole: found on side of road and sold for $5
basket full of old beat-up croquet balls: found the basket on side of road and got the croquet set for free during a cleanout. Sold together for $1.

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely love this thread as I go to a lot of yard sales. I've been meaning to contribute to it for awhile so here goes.

Walking Dead LED paperweight paid 33 cents (3 for $1 table) sold for $15.50 (I didn't have box)
AAA emblem paid 20 cents (5 for $1 bin at another sale). Sold for $5.95
Wii super Mario Kart paid $1 sold for 15.99 (twice)
chicken wire wall letter holder paid $1 sold for $14.95
Nat King Cole records paid $1 sold for $12.95
Oakley sunglasses paid $1 sold $50

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
I found these Popeye statues at a rummage sale for $2 ($1 each) and sold the pair on EBay for $30 this weekend. Pretty pleased with that.

Attachments

• 20170805_122739.jpg
    20170805_122739.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 124

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this funky looking bracelet for a dollar on half of jewelry day on Friday. Sold it for $64 last night. I'm happy

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503358228.800896.jpg

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
vintage 1970s cheerleader jacket: paid $1 sold the next day for $25
modern Geneva watch: paid $1 sold untested for $5
sealed Mozart CD: paid $0.25 sold for $1
brass towel rack: paid $1 scrapped for $3.35
brass candlesticks: paid $1 scrapped for $2.80
Pink Floyd Kohl's underwear tin: paid $0.25 sold for $1
spool of 12 gauge wire: paid $1 scrapped for $4.65
brass candlestick: paid $0.25 scrapped for $0.40

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold for $100 w/free shipping in less than 24 hours. Sleeping Beauty: Memorial Photography In America Victorian 1st Edition. Paid $1...

attachment.php

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might be a new record for me, found this old Truckers Only shirt at a Pennsylvania thrift store for .99, sold for $150 to someone in Ireland today. Wow!

ebay13200.JPG ebay13203.JPG

This was a weird one, bought this for a dollar at a church thrift in NY this summer (Everything in the place was $1 or less, I wish I could go back). I've had bad luck with older burberry stuff without their signature plaid, but I gambled the dollar anyways. Put it up as an auction, had a little bidding war and it went up to $26. Nothing crazy, but I was pleasantly surprised.

ebay13258.JPG ebay13260.JPG

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
About 2 years ago, I bought a Honeywell Security Camera for $1. Hit up Amazon. List it and Forget it. Well, it finally sold this week for $299.99.

I swear, EVERYTHING I have that is expensive has been selling lately. IQAir purifying system, Paid $50, sold $700. Featherweight sewing Machine, $475. Various books at $100 a pop... Just EVERYTHING bid $ is going.

Also, I was at a sale, and they had 2 bags with Boxes in it from Louis Vuitton. The purse and handbag were not in them, but just empty boxes, Cloth Bags, and a large paper bag. Well, one box has a tiny box with a Purse key holder with 2 keys. Anyhow, they want $2 for the 2 bags, boxes and bags. So far, I am well over $100 for the small box with the key holder, and the largest box. The medium box is selling tonight.... I owe that one to this group. Someone in here mentioned Rolex Boxes, so I figured if a rolex box was worth a few hundred, a Louis Vuitton bag and box should be worth more than $1.

Thanks guys.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 2 years ago, I bought a Honeywell Security Camera for $1. Hit up Amazon. List it and Forget it. Well, it finally sold this week for $299.99.

I swear, EVERYTHING I have that is expensive has been selling lately. IQAir purifying system, Paid $50, sold $700. Featherweight sewing Machine, $475. Various books at $100 a pop... Just EVERYTHING bid $ is going.

Also, I was at a sale, and they had 2 bags with Boxes in it from Louis Vuitton. The purse and handbag were not in them, but just empty boxes, Cloth Bags, and a large paper bag. Well, one box has a tiny box with a Purse key holder with 2 keys. Anyhow, they want $2 for the 2 bags, boxes and bags. So far, I am well over $100 for the small box with the key holder, and the largest box. The medium box is selling tonight.... I owe that one to this group. Someone in here mentioned Rolex Boxes, so I figured if a rolex box was worth a few hundred, a Louis Vuitton bag and box should be worth more than $1.

Thanks guys.

I sold a Chanel shoe box for 30 I think, posted it on this thread. Nice work!

OldWest

Aug 23, 2014
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once I picked up a Selmer flute that was older but in good shape. I had a friend (flautist in college) analyze it for me and she said it was pretty decent. I paid $10 and sold it for $150. My brother found a silver cigarette-type box at a garage sale. After digging, I found out it is a Gorham box. He paid $5 after I passed on it, thinking it was cheap plating. It's worth around $300-$500. My wife has picked up odds and ends in costume jewelry piles. She has grabbed a couple of bracelets for pennies that are worth around $100, as well as a few gemstone rings.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question. Does buying a lot at an auction and then breaking it down to what may be $1 or less count in this thread? I bought a Vintage Camera lot must have been 300 or so individual items. If I break it down to cost per item they would be less then $1.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question. Does buying a lot at an auction and then breaking it down to what may be $1 or less count in this thread? I bought a Vintage Camera lot must have been 300 or so individual items. If I break it down to cost per item they would be less then $1.
Why certainly.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd say so.

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Few more recent ones.
Another Wii super Mario Kart paid $1 sold for 16.95
2 modems $1 each sold for $12 each
small lapis desk globe 50 cents sold for $16
2 carved wooden sconces $1 each sold for 16.95 pair
hand painted copper roof birdhouse $1 haven't sold but it will bring $15-20

Still haven't come across any big scores for $1 (i would consider $30+ a big score for a $1 item.)

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, I think I hit the Home run of Home Runs... I was at an estate sale last weekend, thumbing through the books. I love estate sale books because they are generally $1, and they are generally unsearched for rarity. I've picked up a lot of $25 to $100 books for $1. This estate sale, pretty much everything except the books had "Ebay" or "Amazon" prices on it. To me, that means its time to leave, but the first book I scan was a cool guide from Comicon, and worth $25 on Amazon... So I start searching. I come to this BIG paperback book, Sic Itur Ad Astra: Volume 1. The amazon price is $899.00. Paperback so $.50. I buy it and about 6 other books, figuring it is one of those fake sales. Sometimes on out of print books, if no one has a copy of a book out, the one person who has it will put it up for an unreasonable price. This book, there are 7 for sale, The lowest price is $899, prices up to $2500. There is a Hard Cover. Cheapest hard cover $1200. I check out ebay, 2 copies on buy it now, $1300. and $1500.

It's not sold yet, but I think I have a winner!

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not sold yet, but I think I have a winner!

I'll say! The price was right, so you can afford to take the slow dollar over the fast nickel. The nice thing about books is they can sit on the shelf for 5 years if they have to. I'd price in the middle of the pack based on condition, write a good description and take good photos, and store it safely. If there's ever a collectible book auction or show in your area, you can pull it as needed.

A few more cheap buys from my neck of the woods:

music CD set: bought for $0.10, sold for $240 (Amazon).
pair of brass sconces: bought for $1, sold for $20 (flea market).
upholstered foot stool: found on side of road, sold next day for $20 (flea market).
small Eee PC laptop: found in dumpster, sold for $15 (flea market).
elegant glass candle holder: bought for $0.25, sold for $5 (flea market).
Dr. Seuss books: bought for $0.25 each, sold for $2 each (flea market).
Stephen King paperback books: bought for $0.50 each, sold for $1 each (flea market).
box of 45 records: bought for $1, pulled out one very rare one, resold the lot for $2 (flea market).
brass figurine: bought for $1, sold for $1.60 (scrapyard).
silverplate bowl: bought for $1, sold for $1.88 (scrapyard).
sewing machine: got for free during a cleanout, sold for $25 (craigslist)
copper bowl: bought for $1, sold for $5 (craigslist upsell)
vacuum cleaner: got for free during a cleanout, sold for $20 (craigslist upsell)

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Umm...Indigo Knight...we are gonna need to know the title of the mat music cd set that sold for $240!! And you are raking in the steady cash! Great!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread