Post your $1 (or less) Finds Here w/ Sold For Prices

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
It's very slow in my area right now, so here are some classic scores from the past decade:

20 qt Hobart mixer with attachments: free at the town dump, sold in beat-up condition for $500+ (eBay)
lot of sterling silver jewelry: free at the town dump, sold for $130 (eBay)
goat milk pasturizer: free at the town dump, sold for $100+ (eBay)
"Cool Stuff Science Kit": bought for $1 at a garage sale thinking it was cheap fun for the kids. Looked it up and for some reason it was going for big bucks used. Sold it for $130+ within two weeks (Amazon).

The sales below are within the past month or so:

textbook: bought for $0.10, sold for $9 (Amazon)
exercise DVD: free at garage sale, sold for $19 (eBay)
pair of rolling carts: free with auction buy, sold for $50 (craigslist)
more rolling carts: from the same auction, sold for $30, $10 and $5 (flea market)

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516279989.439764.jpg

14k necklace. Scrapped for $110. She said she had no good for sale!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for keeping this thread going everyone. Your contributions are much appreciated. My own dollar finds haven't amounted to much lately, though I have sold a few items over the last month and a half that qualify...

I sell all my BIN items with free shipping. Here a couple Pink Panther items that I got for .25 each and sold for $14.99

s-l1600.jpg

Also, a couple decks of cards that were also .25 each, sold for 19.99

s-l1600.jpg

and this one sold for $12.99

s-l1600.jpg

Like I said not much to write home about but, whatever. A profit is a profit.

On the positive side I do have an appointment for a private estate sale first thing in the morning with someone I am familiar with. I've done a little research and am expecting good finds. That's all I can say about that.

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Hit a slow period but getting back into it. I got this Okinawa souvenir plate at a flea market from a $1 junk box... sold for $70. Also found this Roman coin (Emperor Claudius) in a bag of old coins and tokens... paid ~$1 and sold for $60.

Attachments

• okinawa.jpg
    okinawa.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 162
  • roman.jpg
    roman.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 166

kc7rad

Nov 13, 2005
About 20 years ago, bought a box of junk at a garage sale for a dollar. It had some gardening stuff on the top and I was into gardening at the time. Got it home, emptied and found a Bulova watch with tiny little diamonds in it. I think my ex sold it for about $100.

Then, about 15 years ago I bought a box of old cookbooks and recipe pamphlets. Over the next year or so I sold about half of them on e-bay. Made about $80.

Recently... I didn't sell these! Was at an auction and bought two table saws for a dollar each! One was old and rusty, and will probably sell it. The auctioneer said the other was broken, but after I got it home, found some loose bolts under the table, tightened them and she works like new now. :-)

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The auctioneer said the other was broken, but after I got it home, found some loose bolts under the table, tightened them and she works like new now. :-)

That's the best type of find right there! Love finding stuff to use

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, so this was a bit more than $1...

I was at a sale today and they had a brushed Nickel handle for a drawer, new in sealed box. They retail on Amazon for $60. The sell new from secondary sellers for $45... I was able to buy all 35 they had, new, sealed, for $50. Just a shade more than $1 each. I've listed them for $43.99 each.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I went to a sale in the country a couple years ago that was the estate of a gentleman that had been a shop teacher, a cabinet maker, & a tractor collector. One of the first things I saw was a vintage cabinet hardware store display that was filled with cabinet hardware. Like most sales they thought the value was in the display. I cut a deal with the seller for 4 brown paper grocery sacks full of hardware at $20. When I got it home & sorted everything I had several lots that ranged from 12-50 pieces each. Sold well over $600 from those lots & still have a few left. I also bought a large cardboard box full of vintage tractor manuals for $4. Sold those individually for $400+.

Kickitin

Greenie
Mar 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so excited. Years ago my son was in the Coast Guard. His step mom scrap books and we found this CG scrapbooking kit at one of these mom and pop warehouse overstock places. These thing retail fro about $20-$25. They were selling them for 2 for $1. I bought all they had, 40 of them. My wife was gonna scrapbook the heck out of them and make big bucks....3 years later she made one thing.

Coast-Guard-Scrapbook-Kit-CI-20594.jpg

So was going through the drawer and came upon the forgotten kits. I listed them on a CG site yesterday....all of them have sold for a profit, after cost and shipping of $300. Not to bad. Now the keep my wife's hands off of it. :)

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so excited. Years ago my son was in the Coast Guard. His step mom scrap books and we found this CG scrapbooking kit at one of these mom and pop warehouse overstock places. These thing retail fro about $20-$25. They were selling them for 2 for $1. I bought all they had, 40 of them. My wife was gonna scrapbook the heck out of them and make big bucks....3 years later she made one thing.

View attachment 1541462

So was going through the drawer and came upon the forgotten kits. I listed them on a CG site yesterday....all of them have sold for a profit, after cost and shipping of $300. Not to bad. Now the keep my wife's hands off of it. :)
Thanks for contributing and welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Horgan Dog Harness paid $1 sold for $14
1860's to 1890's Wilcox SP bridal basket bought $1 sold for $20
2 vintage Burwood plaques (boatdock scenes) paid $1 each sold for $33 for both
souvenir guitar hairbrush paid 75 cents sold for $6
antique coffee tin paid $1 sold for $5.50
coach sunglasses paid $1 sold for $30 (actually wife found that one)
brass chinese snake bell bought for 50 cents sold for $10

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
new DVD box set: free at a yard sale, sold for $99 (eBay)
new tarot card deck:bought for $1, sold for $70(eBay)
vintage framed photo:bought in a closet full of stuff for $1 at auction, sold for $15 by itself (auction)

Kickitin

Greenie
Mar 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tiu.jpg

I don't usually look at ties ( don't know much about what to look for) but I saw a guy going through them at Goodwill's 50% off day. He left this one behind. I think he was actually looking to wear them instead of flipping them. It is a Jerry Garcia tie.

Bought for $.50 sold for $10.00 on ebay within 2 hours.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1552529

I don't usually look at ties ( don't know much about what to look for) but I saw a guy going through them at Goodwill's 50% off day. He left this one behind. I think he was actually looking to wear them instead of flipping them. It is a Jerry Garcia tie.

Bought for $.50 sold for $10.00 on ebay within 2 hours.

Ties are great sellers. And at $10 selling price, you will do well. I just picked up a Gianni Versace and a Brioni tie. I keep buying them to sell and also wear. And GW sells them at $1.99 each. I have literally hundreds of them in buckets. I need to start selling them like I said!

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1 for ties, I sell them all the time. I posted on here probably a year or two ago about a total bonanza I found at a goodwill no less, 10-15 designer ties in one spot, probably $500 worth of ties for a buck or two per. Most ties you could get $5-10 for if you were patient, I stick to the higher margin ones. Vineyard Vines, Hermes, Ferragamo, Thomas Pink, are usually good for $40-$100 per tie. Vintage skinny ties with cool minimal art deco designs can bring $20-30, vintage wool & knit ties the same.

Oddly, some classic designers (Yves St Laurent, Dior, Givenchy)'s ties sell very poorly, never been sure why. Others, like versace, sometimes do well and sometimes don't.

Anyways, keep going back to that tie rack, it pays off!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a Snap on ratchet sold for 37.99 that was in a box lot of about 20 items that I paid $15 for.

A pair of vintage 1963 x-ray specs sold for $24.99. It was in another box lot of items that amounted to less than $1 for each item.

4 Antique Beatty glass ribbed opalescent open salts that I got for (4)$1. I sold the blue ones for $15.99 each and the white ones for $12.99 each.

That's all lately.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Almost 2 years ago I picked up 2 identical vintage Hawaiian collarless shirts for $1.50 each. Listed the first one BIN (good until canceled) a couple months later & it finally sold last week for $75. Immediately listed the other one and it sold yesterday for $104. They cost slightly more than $1 but close enough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread