CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the Shell tanker is from 1939, they sure had some great toys. I was certainly surprised to see them in an old fire pit covered in ashes. How someone could just toss them away is crazy. I once found a cardboard box in this same place full of change (money). The box was the size of a case of beer and it was about 1/2 full. Now the coins were a bit dirty, even rust on some of the dimes and quarters, halves and dollars (Eisenhower) and nothing really collectable just dirty money! Some were rolled in customer rolls also. I just dumped them in a bucket with water and ammonia for a few hours. If I ever find the photo I took of that I'll post it. I think there was about $100 worth and it took about 5 minutes of time at the coin sorter.

Jim
I guess the old saying of :” One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure” still holds true. I have read stories of metal detectorists that discovered a treasure trove of buried metal cars buried by children from a previous era. I find them on the beaches all the time but dream of finding some at a bungalow permission site. What a beautiful way to start the year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread