diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the pattern is Daisy & Button but I can't find another piece like this. I am trying to figure out what glass company produced this piece. The first photo was taken without the flash as you can see. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DSC07133.jpg DSC07138.jpg DSC07140.jpg DSC07139.jpg DSC07136.jpg

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just looked through tons of them on worthpoint and couldn't find that one. McKee showed up quite a bit with a similar one though. Yours looks better than what I saw. I think I would lean towards Moser due to the detail your has. But that would be a wild guess.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough one. I can't find a match either.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured this would be a tough one. Was hoping maybe Inspectorgadget would chime in with something. He's pretty good with the vaseline glass.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digg I'm on it but am pretty busy at the moment, I will have time to check some books tomorrow afternoon. First thought is foreign, English, but that is just an educated quick guess.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a raised Registered design number on it anywhere digg?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a raised Registered design number on it anywhere digg?
I hear you on the "busy" part, that time of year. No numbers or marks on it, I bumped it because I thought I had found the maker, but now that I look at it again, it's wrong because the drapes are curved versus the straight "bar" type pattern of Richards & Hartley's Mikado pattern.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you on the "busy" part, that time of year. No numbers or marks on it, I bumped it because I thought I had found the maker, but now that I look at it again, it's wrong because the drapes are curved versus the straight "bar" type pattern of Richards & Hartley's Mikado pattern.

Its not American made Digg I guarantee that! Its either French or English.. possibly one of Davidsons unregistered designs but they did not make much "vaseline" glass without opalescent treatment. Davidson called it yellow pearline & or primrose & or pearline &/or yellow opalescent. There is also a good chance it is Portieux Vallyshall like your covered dish you posted. Its rare either way, its not in any of my books which includes most of Davidson's registered designs.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Source to this image, doesn't say much The 7 Deadliest Fashion Trends Of All Time I do think it looks allot like yours in this collection. I would have been asking you what I have, diggs if I had this piece of glass?. I only buy glass that I can ID on the spot. I'm sure I've missed out on some good glass due to my limited knowledge of the stuff. Hope you figure this one out. My five dollar bet is on it not being an American made piece, so I won't be to sad if I lose my five bucks, as I haven't much of a clue were it's from and who made.

Attachments

• glass collection X.jpg
    glass collection X.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Source to this image, doesn't say much The 7 Deadliest Fashion Trends Of All Time I do think it looks allot like yours in this collection. I would have been asking you what I have, diggs if I had this piece of glass?. I only buy glass that I can ID on the spot. I'm sure I've missed out on some good glass due to my limited knowledge of the stuff. Hope you figure this one out. My five dollar bet is on it not being an American made piece, so I won't be to sad if I lose my five bucks, as I haven't much of a clue were it's from and who made.

I'll bet ya $5 you're right tamrock! Tho that pic gives no way to tell if that is it at all as the shape is not uncommon at all but that pattern is very unusual! I must have 5 vaseline glass pieces in that general shape & size.

Tamrock I hit it big time & I mean big time on an unmarked piece of glass I bought at an auction today.. I had no idea till I got home & figured out exactly what it was. I knew it was a steal at $44 tho I had only an educated guess or guesses as to who might have made it & I was wrong on my guesses! Look for my post on it I'm about to do now!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tamrock. I blew up that photo, it doesn't show the drapes on it like mine. So rare it may be, but that doesn't always mean high demand, not when it comes to glass collectors. Now I have to go look for that post of gadget's, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread