jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are buying it for scrap, how much do you pay for the following items?
Printer (small personal)
DVD Player
Cordless phones

:cool:

For scrap its a whole different ballgame:

Ask people if they have those items but make sure you tell them you are looking for OLD, BROKEN stuff that they would otherwise throw away. You will be surprised what they will pull out of dark, dirty corners when you ask. Try to ask about old batteries too. Most of the time people have an old car battery in the garage or shed.

How much would I pay for those items individually?

-Printer - 50 cents max
-DVD player - 50 cents max
-Cordless Phone - 25 cents

IMO, you are wasting your time on the above items. You want to be going after PCs, servers, laptops, LCD TVs, and cell phones. Dont forget to ask about old extension cords and jumper cables. Also, I have bought misc PC components in the past. Try to pay $5 per computer (whole) and adjust down if pieces are missing. Motherboard, CPU, and RAM are the most valuable items.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO, you are wasting your time on the above items

Yeah, I know. I would a lot rather find computer towers, laptops, or cell phones. I just noticed a lot of dvd players and printers at yard sales yesterday. I didn't bite on any though. I'll be sure and ask about car batteries. I didn't think about that. How much do you pay? I normally can sell them for $10 to the scrap yard for a common one. Thanks a lot for your replies! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions