Odd Japanese book depicting i think japanese invasion of china

goldenshiner

May 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
im not sure , and currently i dont have anyone that reads japanese. the book is somewhat old.
very large with what looks like ivory pieces in the book closure. i can tell it is japanese kanji. but can not read it,
any thoughts on a value. it been in my family for a long time, and we paid alot originally for it as a collectable. id like to know more about it, and a value. P5051880.JPG P5051881.JPG

jason4kstate

Jun 23, 2007
Could you please post some more pictures of some writing? My wife can read Japanese. The emblem above the man is the chrysanthemum emblem of the imperial family of Japan.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The photo is an 1888 depiction of Emperor Meiji done by Edoardo Chiossone. Meiji kind of transformed Japan from an old world feudal country into a more modern industrial society with western capitalist influences. The emperor also wrote lots of Waka poetry. Some photos of several pages of the book may help determine what it actually is. Interesting to say the least. I'll direct a couple others over to this thread that can read kanji.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread