Estate sale goblets

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found 2 Lord Saybrook international sterling goblets marked $110 each but picket them up for 100 for the pair, one is still in original wrapping.

image-3417652587.jpg

image-3561449562.jpg

Haven't weighed them yet but a website with the same ones said they weigh about 184 grams a piece.

Also got a bunch of sandpaper at the same sale for a $1!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice find. They date to the 1950's I believe. You could double your money now on them or put them away for the future when silver rises again. Yes, I said when it rises, not if lol. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
theekman

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice find. They date to the 1950's I believe. You could double your money now on them or put them away for the future when silver rises again. Yes, I said when it rises, not if lol. :icon_thumright:
I was going to sell one to make my money back, but im not hurting right now so ill just hold on to both of them till silver goes up. Plus you feel like a boss drinking out of a goblet.
I polished them up

image-3994276282.jpg

Last edited:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Found 2 Lord Saybrook international sterling goblets marked $110 each but picket them up for 100 for the pair, one is still in original wrapping.

Haven't weighed them yet but a website with the same ones said they weigh about 184 grams a piece.

The melt on sterling is about $.57 a gram. When I buy sterling, I try to pay no more than $.50 a gram. I'd say you did AMAZING!

How do you keep your sterling? I have a big cookie jar. Whenever I find some sterling that is not good enough for Ebay, I just throw it into the jar. When it is big enough and heavy enough for me to send it off to be melted, I box it up and ship it out (at least that is my plan, I've not gotten enough yet). I am guessing I have between 2000 and 3000 grams of silver on hand... WOW. That's a lot of money. that is not counting the silver coins I have.... I just bought $100 face silver from my father for 11 times face (He was going to take 10 times from the local coin shop, so I stepped in).

OP
OP
theekman

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The melt on sterling is about $.57 a gram. When I buy sterling, I try to pay no more than $.50 a gram. I'd say you did AMAZING! How do you keep your sterling? I have a big cookie jar. Whenever I find some sterling that is not good enough for Ebay, I just throw it into the jar. When it is big enough and heavy enough for me to send it off to be melted, I box it up and ship it out (at least that is my plan, I've not gotten enough yet). I am guessing I have between 2000 and 3000 grams of silver on hand... WOW. That's a lot of money. that is not counting the silver coins I have.... I just bought $100 face silver from my father for 11 times face (He was going to take 10 times from the local coin shop, so I stepped in).
I melted the last bit i had image-3764209151.jpg The crappy looking one. I had a .999 round n cut off a piece to make sure it was .925. Probably harder to sell but was fun making. I wont nelt the goblets, the bar i made was just weighted scrap over a few months

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread